StromTrooper banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a k4 wee. the guy i bought it from had really long arms. he had a pair of tapered handle bars on it. after about 3k miles I decided that I would be more comfortable with stock bars.. so I bought some off someone here on this board. problem is they did not come with those little things that go on the inside of the bar that let you attach the handguards. so.. where do i get them? I have looked all over the net and have only found places to sell you the whole new set of hand guards.. which i dont really need.. just the hardware that acually gos in the end of the bars..

also.. what is that bit of hardware called?

thanks

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im just looking for the screws that go in the end of the bars. I dont need any bar weights.
Thanks forthe response

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had Vstrom handguards on my SV and the stock screw that came with the guards was not long enough. So I went to Home Depot and found what I need for pretty cheap. Then one day I noticed the screw had fallen out of the right side. So I took out the one on the left and went to a local store called King Bolt Co. They hooked it up quick like and it was only like $0.80.

You should have no problem finding the right screw at your local hardware store. I forget the size, but just take your bar end with you or the nut to get the proper size bolt.

Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the parts i need are the expanding thingy that the bolt screws into for the 7/8 stock bars. I dont know what to call that part.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
If you don't want or have Suzuki knuckle guards, just get any bar end weights for 7/8" bars. See some at bar end weights | eBay

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do hqve hand gaurds and im wanting to put them on after changing back to stock bars. I have a set of acerbid gaurds. The problem is that the part of the nut and bolt that gos in the end of the bars do not fit inside of thr stock bars.

·
Registered
31 Posts
As greywolf so kindly linked you to, a set of ebay bar end weights will have the expanding piece that goes into the bar to keep the whole assembly in place. I needed the same thing when I installed handguards on my previous SV.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
my two cents...

i had to replace those pieces on my handlebars as i "lost" them during my handguard install...i just surfed the net for OEM Suzuki Parts and looked at the handlebar diagrams. I found so far the cheapest place has been ProCaliber online...

Pro Caliber Motorsports' 2004 Suzuki Street Bike DL650 V-STROM Parts List

i think maybe you are asking about parts 7 and 8?

good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts