StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 okie rider

Hey Beartrooper, I'm located in Tulsa. I ride an '05 wee-red (fastest color).
I ride in town mostly, on weekends I can be seen with my daughter in tow, she loves to ride! Hope to hear from other okies.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
I'm in OKC. Pretty busy for the next month or so, but maybe after that we can try to put a ride together??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are we three the only okietroopers? My Mom moved to More last week....she's never seen a Vee....I sense a trip in the future. Hopefully I'll have new saddlebags to add to farkles-corbin seat w red trim, scorpion exhaust (carbon fibre) and cee bailey windsheild. Any add ons to your wee?
Any bags? I could use some input to help me decide on a nice pair.
Let me know your schedule in a month or two, who knows maybe maybe more sooners will reply by then?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another Okie!

Just got my Wee yesterday. Posted in the intro forum, being the newbie that I am. More later, my dog is bugging me to play frisbee. Okiemex, looking foward to a T-Town ride ... might even go crazy and hit Mohawk park!

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Are we three the only okietroopers? My Mom moved to More last week....she's never seen a Vee....I sense a trip in the future. Hopefully I'll have new saddlebags to add to farkles-corbin seat w red trim, scorpion exhaust (carbon fibre) and cee bailey windsheild. Any add ons to your wee?
Any bags? I could use some input to help me decide on a nice pair.
Let me know your schedule in a month or two, who knows maybe maybe more sooners will reply by then?
I've got a Givi tail truck. For saddlebags, a friend gave me some Hepco-Baker bags that come off a '99 Triumph Tiger. Mounted them to SW Moto racks. I was very tempted by the Caribou setup, if I hadn't gotten the H-B bags for free that's probably what I would have done.
Also have handguards and (oddly enough :)) Sonic Springs.

Some of the Concours guys have a ride to Meers scheduled on May 12th, maybe we can get a few guys together and crash that party. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Were you riding westbound down 15th Street in front of Rose state a few days ago??
Not that I can recall but I ride the WEE just about all the time,I have a red with the famsa tank bag givi side case mounts and a mra vari shield. You guys stop in and see me I am the service writer at Oklahoma Honda suzuki in del city.:D

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
Not that I can recall but I ride the WEE just about all the time,I have a red with the famsa tank bag givi side case mounts and a mra vari shield. You guys stop in and see me I am the service writer at Oklahoma Honda suzuki in del city.:D
We've met. :mrgreen:
I'm the guy who bought the blue '07 back in October, y'all had to get it from Performance. Used to race SV's with Shawn.

·
Premium Member
2,647 Posts
:D Ahhh yes I remember you. What weight springs did you put in your Strom,and are you running Gold valves in it?
0.90s, with 15w oil. I've never been a big fan of emulators, in the testing I've done they didn't make much difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
650 in Claremore

Hi moved to Claremore from Great Falls, Montana in July. I rode the 650 down here. Start out with temperatures in the 60's and 40+ mile an hour winds, boy is that fun on a tall motorcycle. Then the winds died down and ran pretty much in 100+ temperatures. Was not the most fun I ever had on a ride.

I have a question on dealers in the Tulsa area? I need a ignition switch(key goes in but will not turn) ASAP as the 650 is my principle form of transportation

Chris

Claremore

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
have not dealt with any Tulsa dealers, but Claremore Custom Cycles has treated me ok. not sure if they could get ignition switch or not.

I'm not to far from Claremore we may have to get together for a ride

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I just had my 07 Wee delivered last Friday. I had it delivered because I'd never ridden a motorcycle before. I rode it all over Tulsa Friday and Saturday, but I'm hanging the keys up until after the BRC on May 5th and 6th in Drumright. I'm just asking for trouble.

Anyway, after I get licensed (May 7th), let me know if anyone would like to ride.

Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Spencer, Oklahoma 650 Wee Strom

10 minutes from Hog Back Road, running between Luther and Jones. I am waiting for $ to buy crash bars and a skid plate. I have added Givi E21 bags, Genmar handlebar risers, MP Cycle Designs windshield, Madstad brackets Sargent Saddle. I really just use it to explore local roads, but it's fun putting stuff on it. I love this bike. Health problems have kept me from riding a lot in the last few years. Longest ride was OKC to Taos NM in 2001. Had a BMW K100RS for the trip.

I rode today breaking in a new pair of Aerostich boots. Man, am I having fun. My wife rides a Zook Burgman 400.

TTYL, Be careful

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just had my 07 Wee delivered last Friday. I had it delivered because I'd never ridden a motorcycle before. I rode it all over Tulsa Friday and Saturday, but I'm hanging the keys up until after the BRC on May 5th and 6th in Drumright. I'm just asking for trouble.

Anyway, after I get licensed (May 7th), let me know if anyone would like to ride.

Steve
how is the course going? hope you enjoyed and learned from it.
we may have to get together for a ride before to long.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts