StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the ABS and TC lights on the dash come on until the bike is moving? When I start mine they are both lit, and even if I change the TC mode it stays on. ABS as well...

Thanks folks....

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
My ABS stays on until I start moving. I don't know what a TC light is.

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
Both require movement from the sensors on the wheels to work, so the lights remain on until your rolling.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all.... that puts me at ease.... she is stuck in the shop until I can get all the reg paperwork done..... its sooooo hard to wait...

·
Registered
630 Posts
The owners manual is your friend...

I like my TC off (light on) mostly, so I'm pretty oblivious to it. ABS light behaves like every other bike I've had with ABS, goes out when you get rolling.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Got the manual coming in the mail from Suzuki. This is my first ABS bike. All the other bikes have the ABS in my right hand...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Im a little off topic but does anyone know if the abs and or traction control can be shut off on the 2014 and 2015 100p stroms
I don't think either can be turned off. My TC light is always on and never turns off.

My dealer said that was normal but stupid of Suzuki to have it always on. Some electrical tape blacked out the light and that solved it for me!

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
I don't think either can be turned off. My TC light is always on and never turns off.

My dealer said that was normal but stupid of Suzuki to have it always on. Some electrical tape blacked out the light and that solved it for me!
TC light is on constantly when TC is turned off. If you have it set to 1 or 2 you should not see the light unless TC activates (tire slips, TC engages). If your TC is on all the time and it is set to 1 or 2 you need to have that fixed as it means you have no TC at all, assuming you want it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
abs lights

Do the ABS and TC lights on the dash come on until the bike is moving? When I start mine they are both lit, and even if I change the TC mode it stays on. ABS as well...

Thanks folks....
yes that is normal. They turn off when you start going. If you turn TC off the light stays on to remind you that you have it disabled. At least I think it does.

SL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts