StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
......get the the impression their DL650 feels and looks some like a Burgman? I don't know why, but I just get a "scooter impression" from this thing. I bought it a month ago and thought it would go away, but instead it's the other way around. Something about the feel of this thing screams "scooter" to me for some reason. From the seat, to the way the front fender looks, it just makes me think of a scooter. And now today, for the second time I seen a burgman coming at me in traffic and i thought it was a Vstrom, of course until it got close enough to see what it was. I know I looked like a dork riding around on dual sports, but this thing isn't making me feel much better. I guess I'll continue life as a dork!

·
Registered
707 Posts
Maybe, some, but not really

Well, since you asked, we, my wife and I just happened to have the 400 Burgman in the garage right next to my Wee. Nope, they have a family resemblance and they're both the same color, Suzuki white, but that's where the similarities end.

The wee has more torque and more top end. Off the line, I have to really push my baby to catch my baby, but she can't get away if I remain intent. I've ridden both, and while the Burgman is a very nice ride, I always return to my bike. :beatnik:

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can kinda see it. My kids used to tell me my Wee looked like a scooter until I got a top-box, crash bars, and side-bag racks.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
U R NUTZ

......get the the impression their DL650 feels and looks some like a Burgman? I don't know why, but I just get a "scooter impression" from this thing. I bought it a month ago and thought it would go away, but instead it's the other way around. Something about the feel of this thing screams "scooter" to me for some reason. From the seat, to the way the front fender looks, it just makes me think of a scooter. And now today, for the second time I seen a burgman coming at me in traffic and i thought it was a Vstrom, of course until it got close enough to see what it was. I know I looked like a dork riding around on dual sports, but this thing isn't making me feel much better. I guess I'll continue life as a dork!
no effin way - its diametrically opposite

·
Registered
176 Posts
Besides my 2011 wee, I also own a 2006 650 burgman exec and yes the front of both rides are somewhat similar but no way do they both have the same ride. The wee has more personality in the twisties and more grunt overall. The problem isn't with the wee but the fact that the burgman is one kick ass "scooter". I can cruise for hours on the burg at 80 plus mph., which a lot of bikes out there would have a hard time staying with it. It ain't no scooter, it's a mid size touring bike with a CVT trans.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
all stickers removed from mine and the cops thought i was on a bmw. Everyone thinks its a bmw (unless they own a bike).

put the dl650gs adventure stickers on there now...they look goooooooood.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I don't really see the similarity.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I think the burgman looks more like a sport tourer from the front. It reminds me of something like an FJR or a ST. Don't see to much resemblance to the strom.

The burgman looks nice from the front.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
I think it's the headlights making it ressemble a Burg.........

Don't see too many Burgman's riding thru Alaska to Prudoe Bay..........??? (not that it hasn't been done already...........)

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This issue never comes up with Vees. The tire-shredding, pavement-pounding torque and horsepower of the 1000s call to mind Shelby Cobras or fighter jets.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have to agree 100%, I thought the same, and used to want to make the bike a little more adv/sporty looking. For me the headlights, front end and givi+madstad bracket give it the burgman look. Thats ok with me, great ride+++

·
Registered
255 Posts
I actually have both and I don't get too confused by them. They both got two wheels but thats about where it ends.
But theres a lot worse things to be compared to than a Burgman, wonderful device for in traffic commuting and general running around.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ehh, got to agree that a Burgman is nothing to be ashamed of. Especially since a friend of mine got his 1200 Sportster waxed by a 650 Burg'. I think it's the headlights and something about the fit and finish.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I see no resemblance.... have you ever riden a Burgman???
I used one for a while riding sweeper during a local Dealer demo day

you will note the difference first time you go to squeeze the tank with your thighs in a corner... :green_lol:

oh and watch that rear brake..... its where the clutch handle should be...

first time I went to stop I almost went through the windsheild...

but similar looking?? I do not see that at all:confused:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I should add that my 400 Burgman and '11 Strom are both pearl white so I guess there is that similarity.
My son (12) thinks with the black front end and fender on the Strom that it resembles a penguin. Might add a splash or orange and yellow and call it Big Penguin.

·
Registered
707 Posts
THAT settles it, I'm chopping my front fender! :beatnik:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Don't see it. But, in reality, who cares. As long as I am getting what I want out of my DL650, I could care less what anyone else thinks!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts