StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,
I've just discovered an easy fix for the old misting oil sight glass.
With the bike on the sidestand remove the oil filler cap & heat the sight glass with a hairdryer for 10 mins.
The condensation will slowly evaporate away.
When you lean the bike upright to check the oil level, the oil washes the glass even clearer.:wink2:

·
Registered
15,056 Posts
That otta surprise a lot of people. Cool.
If that were a BMW window, the heat would melt the plastic 'Glass' and it would pop out easier than it does already!:surprise:

·
Administrator
16,982 Posts
It's a problem when it mists up, cos you can't check the oil level.

Takes many miles of 75mph and higher to burn/lose any oil on the 650's, and as long as you are between the high and low marks you are golden. I always add oil to the top line on any bike I have owned, I find that helps with shifting and may even help some in keeping the stator a bit cooler.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Johnny Mathis gets misty holding your hand.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Condensation in the oil means your got to ride it longer once in a while.... Gets rid of that white foamy crap that builds up when doing only short rides.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brockie

·
Administrator
5,559 Posts
Condensation in the oil means your got to ride it longer once in a while.... Gets rid of that white foamy crap that builds up when doing only short rides.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Agreed. A misty sight glass means that your oil is polluted with moisture/condensation. Do your bike a favour and take it for a good hot run.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I question why in the hell Suzuki insists it's bikes come with an oil sight glass. I find it to be a pain in the ass to check your oil. What is wrong with a dipstick attached to the oil filler cap and have it on the kickstand side of the bike?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts