StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be driving my wee from sea level and 75F temp to high mountain pass with low 40F , what oild would you recommand .

Thanks

Hendi

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Mobil 1 4T 10w40 full synthetic.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Here in the desert (Great Basin) daily temp. spreads like that are common without any elevation changes. Manual says 10w40, 20w50 or similar. Nothing special required.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
38,103 Posts
This isn't a democracy. It's a private web site. It has rules to keep the site in line. Keeping oil posts in one thread is one of them. Otherwise there would be a new one every day with redundant information as has happened in the past.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
hendikaf...as you can see, sometimes this place isn't friendly or welcoming. BUT, the amount of info available here is overwelhming, for the most part accurate, and worth the "love" you get.

·
38,103 Posts
It's kinda refreshing for me to be taken as unfriendly. Most people think I'm too nice. Some of my friends have called me St. Patrick. Maybe I should just never open oil threads and go back to being Mr. Nice Guy. Simply reporting oil and pirated manual threads would get people angry at the moderators and that doesn't seem fair.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Sad. I can see the point on a copyright violation but god help the queen if somebody asks a previously answered question. No need to answer a thread if it offends you...just move on. Kinda like a dog turd, no need to step in it if you don't need to.

To make me angry, a moderator would have to move a post from where it should have been to the rant file.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I will be driving my wee from sea level and 75F temp to high mountain pass with low 40F , what oild would you recommand .

Thanks

Hendi
I have asked myself this exact question many times, but never found the answer.

On the other hand, I brush my teeth with Colgate in the morning, and Crest in the evening. When I'm away from home I think it's best to use Sensodyne (just in case). I'd never considered if altitude made a difference; I think I'd better stop brushing my teeth until I figure it out...

Assuming your post wasn't a joke, I'd have to say you're way too anal about this. Oil is oil; change it every 6,000 kms and change the filter every second oil-change.

·
38,103 Posts
It's not about any previously answered questions but specifically about oil. Oil threads are the bane of motorcycle and car forums. The policy on oil threads is stated in the Big Oil Thread and for good reason. VSRI has the same policy.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I'm sure the moderators have their reasons for running off the new blood. Care to share them with me?

You guys should really ask yourself the goal of being a moderator. I have been one before and have my own biased idea. I would like to think I might hit 500 posts. Several times I have came close to cashing in my chips here.

Thanks for the tip (or maybe the hint), I may just pop over to VSRI. I would have already but I like to concentrate on one forum per hobby. Thought this was a good forum at first............prove me right.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Pat, you were very polite and explained the issue to the guy. I made a little joke out of it, which drew a goofy response.

You're right, this isn't a democracy and it's the site moderators right to limit or remove whatever suits them. I'm glad it's that way, you should see some of the crap that gets posted on unmanaged sites.

If the guy drops his "subscription" (whatever that is), it's his loss. Next time he's standing in the garage with a broken VStrom "doohickey" in his hand, I'll bet he signs right back up.

Keep doing what you do!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
"and don't post here any more"

I am having trouble reading polite between the lines. I assume he meant posting about oil...but I assuming only.

·
Registered
371 Posts
....The fur is flying look out!.....Big Oil thread covers all...

-End of Line-

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
"and don't post here any more"

I am having trouble reading polite between the lines. I assume he meant posting about oil...but I assuming only.
Since he'd just pointed to the correct thread and advised that yet another new oil thread wasn't needed, "don't post here anymore" could only mean one thing. Unless the OP has a chip on his shoulder and is looking to be insulted.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts