StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My red indicator came on when I turned the key to the on position and remained on after the system checks. Once I started the Wee, the red light went out. Per the owner's manual this would indicate low oil pressure.

The oil has been changed religiously every 3000 miles and it currently has about 2000 miles since the last change. When the bike is turned off and put on the centerstand, the oil level in the sight glass is on the full line. The bike runs smooth and no abnormal operation is noticed.

Question: Per the manual it could be an oil pressure problem. What is the typical outcome experienced by those on their Wee/Vee? Is it a sensor problem, bad oil (although I have used the same M/C oil every change), a bad oil pump, etc.?

Just trying to figure out how much this might hurt the wallet!

Particulars: 05 Wee with ~38,000 miles.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
That's how it's supposed to behave. Engine not running means no oil pressure. Engine running means oil pressure. The light is on when the engine isn't running and is off when it is running.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I really feel stupid.:headbang: I completely misread the manual (brain lapse). For some reason after three years with this bike, I never noticed the red light staying on. I recall it coming on during the system checks, but never staying on until starting. Maybe more coffee will help!

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
It does stay on until started. Each and every time, hopefully ;) Don't sweat it, we all have brain fades from time to time. I could retire early if I had gotten paid for all of mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts