StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a new 03 dl 1000. used this website for purchasing
imformation. thanks to all who contributed. i'm 50 years old. have owned and ridden basically brands. i have only 100 miles on it so far as it has
typical ny temperatures.. i do have a question for anyone who can help.
mu oil light has came on twice. it is full of oil, no leaks. both time i had no related engine noise that would show low oil pressure. i coasted to stop. after shutting of key, both times light went out. i not called dealer yet. thought i would try to add any imformation that the power of hundreds of ow :?: ners would give me. seems like a super bike. thanks :?:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Oil

Motorcycle engines are built to tight tolerances, any lack of oil pressure can seize the motor. I wouldn't ride it until the problem has been looked at. I think the oil pressure is easily checked on the twin. Maybe an after market oil pressure gauge would be a good idea to install on any motorcycle.

Scooter

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably just a glitch, but I agree with Scooter...don't ride the bike until you can have the bike properly diagnosed. Hm...an oil gauge on the 'Strom. What are the options? Anybody have one?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts