StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished taking all of the body work off my "new to me" '03 DL1K; it had 3500 miles on it when I bought it on Wed. (it was my b'day present to myself!), and it now has just over 4200 miles, BUT,,,, when I got home last nite I noticed some oil spray down the left side of the motor.
This morning, there was a couple of drops of oil on the garage floor (left side again), so after dinner I took everything apart to take a look; unfortunately Mother's Day got in the way, so it was dark by the time I got it washed, and I couldn't tell where it was leaking from.
SO,,,, my question to the collective is "Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so what was the cause"?

As always, TIA!
Kevin Long

K

·
0 Posts
I've heard reports of DL1000, TL1000 and SV1000 weeping oil past the generator plug o-ring. Can you tell where its coming from?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kurt1305 said:
I've heard reports of DL1000, TL1000 and SV1000 weeping oil past the generator plug o-ring. Can you tell where its coming from?
Hopefully I'll ge tto look at it tonite, but it seems to be high up on the left side.

KL

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found it; it was the crank breather hose going into the bottom of the airbox, closer to the right side than the left, but was blowing oil vapor out to to the left side. Left quite a mess.

KL

klong said:
kurt1305 said:
Hopefully I'll ge tto look at it tonite, but it seems to be high up on the left side.

KL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts