StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not only new to my 2009 650, but riding in general. My bike only has 540 miles on it. I'm going to be taking it in for the first service in the next week or so. When it had about 400 miles on it, it started leaking the same way. I took it in and the dealer replaced the crush washer and it stopped until today. It is a really slow leak, and I have more than enough oil. Is there anything else I need to do?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The bike is under warranty. Make the dealer fix it.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
When it had about 400 miles on it, it started leaking the same way. I took it in and the dealer replaced the crush washer and it stopped until today. It is a really slow leak...
Where is the leak? Picture?
If the dealer replaced the crush washer, it sounds as if they think it was leaking from the bolt, as unlikely as that seems.

tomrrwssoldier08, you finding oil on the ground or can you tell where it's coming from? Meaning near the filter or the bolt? Wipe the areas clean, put a paper towel on the ground and search up from the leak spots on the towel. Without any additional input, I'd guess the filter wasn't tight enough or the filter had a bad seal.

R.I.P. (Retire In Peace, thanks for the great ride.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts