StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 DL1000 w/ about 17k on it.

I have recently noticed a bit of an Oil Leak from the "generator cover plug". Has any one else experienced this or have any suggestions.

Thanks to all

Ryan

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I've seen others report the same condition. The reported fix is to find a thicker O-Ring at a parts store.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine started leaking around 4K miles. Dealer changed the "O" ring. Then changed the plug and "O" ring. Then changed the "O" ring and added sealer. I changed the plug and went to the closest thicker US equivalent "O" ring. Still seeping! The surface on the cover where the "O" rings seals is a bit rough, maybe porous. And Suzuki won't do anything about the cover. I'm out of warranty now anyway. Guess it could just be called another feature of the bike.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes my 04 DL1000 leaked oil from that same area.Not much just enough to collect dust down the side of the case. It was repaired by replacement of the ignition cover,plug & o-ring. My dealer tried to fix it in other ways while under warranty. I had the parts replaced 3 weeks after my warranty exp. date. They also replaced the ECU to correct the surg/pop thru intake issue. All of it under warranty.
I must say I'm very happy with the strom now. I only wish I could get rid of the clutch noise.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts