StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, finally check my airfilter (K4,650 with 11000Km), pleasantly surprised to find it nice and clean; not so pleasantly surprised to final several ounces of oil pooled at the bottom of the plenum box. Is this amount normal? I know with a PCV system in a car some is to be expected, but a puddle? :(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mayday,
Sorry you haven't gotten any responses. I've been in the airfilter plenum/box and have not seen any oil. It is a "dry" area on my bike. I don't remember the details of the low spots in the box and it is black, dark, and hard to see so I can't say for sure if any oil is in there. I can't believe there is any reason for oil in that area unless you have a (too) wet K&N filter. I have found it to be dry and full of a surprising number of bugs on the incoming side of the filter.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response; I did have a reply in another forum; general consensus was it must have leaked there from when the bike was on its side; I'm not 100% convinced though, she was only down for a couple of minutes. I dryed it out, guess all I can do is check again in a few more miles

1 - 3 of 3 Posts