StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look up item number 120912356119 on ebay.

These appear to be OEM oil filters for $3.90 each and free shipping. DL650 and DL1000 compatible.

I ordered a few to try.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's a Hi-Flo HF138, not OEM. Do not try two turns on it to install. The late, great John Weldon has marked it approved after cutting one open and checking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The same seller has 4 of the filters for $5.55 delivered - very cheap but suspect of the quality.
1+ on seeing the results of one being cut open.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
If its a real Hi-Flo made in Thailand and not a rip off
Yeah, I'd be leery that it was actually a counterfeit Hiflo...or damaged or other problem. Way too cheap. I'll pinch different pennies, not oil filter costs.

·
Administrator
16,998 Posts
Think I will stick with my $16 KTM filters, they get changed every other drain and fill anyways. :yesnod:

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
Yeah, I'd be leery that it was actually a counterfeit Hiflo...or damaged or other problem. Way too cheap. I'll pinch different pennies, not oil filter costs.
Well, the e-bay listing says from China, but HiFlo website only talks about production in Thailand

Hiflofiltro: Why Hiflo?

I remember back in '80s when rip off Frams were turning up in department stores, not that Frams are the best filter to begin with, I personally saw Fram filters taken apart that still had printing from the corn flakes box they cut the cardboard from, a close look at one from the outside looked right, but when compared to a genuine Fram, you could see the difference

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
469 Posts
In a recent magazine I read a warning about knock-off spark plugs being available cheap on ebay, very difficult to tell the difference but an inferior product.
I guess they could do the same with oil filters............

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,305 Posts
Just for the record, RockAuto Parts Catalog has WIX #51359 oil filters for $6.31 each. I like Wix filters and buy auto parts from Rock Auto regularly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I did some searching but could not find any thread directly dealing with this.

What is the go to brand of oil filter?

NEVERMIND: The forum search did not yield results but a google search found the stromtrooper thread with the recommended brand of filters.

·
Administrator
16,998 Posts
I did some searching but could not find any thread directly dealing with this.

What is the go to brand of oil filter?

NEVERMIND: The forum search did not yield results but a google search found the stromtrooper thread with the recommended brand of filters.
The search box here "is" a Google search, did you use the search box that says "Google custom search"?

·
Registered
181 Posts
The search box here "is" a Google search, did you use the search box that says "Google custom search"?
No i used the search function next to the " new posts " button. The google search was much better. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
16,998 Posts
No i used the search function next to the " new posts " button. The google search was much better. :thumbup:
I have been asking for that search to be taken off the forum, but obviously has fallen on deaf ears.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts