StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Since you agree with him so much.....

You can get plastic coated cardboard boxes in various sizes reinforce the bottom with thin plywood and bolt her on paint to match and you be styling. Nm I agree have you seen the strom with the 48 qt cooler on the back! People buy these bikes expecting them to run like a race horse, load them down like a pack mule and then ride them into places that a Mule would be smart enough not to go, then complain they don't handle in mud wonder why. I especially liked the guy that was going to sue Suzuki for misrepresenting the bike because he could not ride down a graded drive with sand on it.
Too funny Mort! You're right. There's just something special about a cooler on the back of a bike. And when I say special, I mean short-bus special.
Sorry, nothing to add except that I agree with nminus1, and thanks for the laughs.:mrgreen:
...maybe you guys should get together with nminus1 for one of his gay Alaskan photoshoots where he models bathrobes out in the snow. Afterwards, you can sit around and brag about all the people you've impressed by spending $'s on top boxes !

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
...maybe you guys should get together with nminus1 for one of his gay Alaskan photoshoots where he models bathrobes out in the snow. Afterwards, you can sit around and brag about all the people you've impressed by spending $'s on top boxes !
Apparently somebody left the door open again.:twisted:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
...maybe you guys should get together with nminus1 for one of his gay Alaskan photoshoots where he models bathrobes out in the snow. Afterwards, you can sit around and brag about all the people you've impressed by spending $'s on top boxes ![/QU

I do not and will not own a top box XL I bought the bike to ride not pack like a mule you can hang what ever you want on yours but I reserve the right to laugh at what you may think is cool looking. I'll bet you would go for the 64 qt cooler. LOL
Packmule every oil change 4000 miles

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Speaking of cheap motherfarkelers, what's the concensus on those people who keep their motorcycles in their living rooms over the winter? Can you believe that shite? :???:

...and just to maintain the illustion of staying on topic, the extra "Parts Unlimited" oil filters I'd bought for the Suzuki Marauder I sold this summer fit on my DL, now isn't that nice?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Cousin Eddy is not gay. The fact that you do not recognize this picture from one of the funniest X-mas movies ever does not surprise me, as does your response. Dont get butt hurt over the fact youre frugal, hell even cheap, embrace that fact as you squeeze that nickel in your pocket until it bleeds. Accept who you are, I did not make make this a personal attack as you did. Please post any pictures of your storage contraption for everyone to review and I will accept whatever the majority thinks, on the odd chance I'm wrong that plastic Rubbermaid boxes do not belong on beautiful V-stroms.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow

Geez, who woulda known XLonDL650, you could be so sensitive about your box.:rolleyes:

Lighten up:cool:

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
That toolbox would look better on the back of a Harley....:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
That toolbox would look better on the back of a Harley....:mrgreen:
Hell even the Harley riders don't go out of their way to hang UGLY on their bikes unlike several of the Strom owners. Where did the little bike rider go did you guys scare him off ya big bullies. LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
fram oil filter

my question is can u use a fram oil filter my dealer ship said they and a yamaha with a blown engine because of use of a fram filter.warranty would not cover it.they said something about from not haveing enough oil pressure.

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you spent more money on a Fram filter than the oil, then you made 2 mistakes: First, buying a junk Fram filter period, and second, using cheap oil. There are acceptable ways of easing the cost of riding, however, using crap filters, oil and gas are not any of them in my book.
Motorcycles are inherently hard on their oil, especially since it is used for engine AND transmission lubrication, where cars do not. The transmission shears and tears the oil molecules apart. Fram makes its own filters, and the filters of many other manufacturers sold under many names. The innards are cardboard and glue usually=JUNK. Stick with the Suzuki filters, or Amsoil, or a Purolator Pure One or Mobil 1. Buy online and in bulk to ease the cost. Use synthetic or semi sythetic oil (at the very least) designed for motorcycles specifically, with no friction modifiers, do not use oils that are labeled "energy conserving". Try using a quality synthetic oil (I like Maxima Extra, a true 100% ester synthetic) and you will probably like how your bike shifts better too. The rumor than synthetic oil causes clutch slippage is just that, pure BS, thats not how synthetic oil works.
Do some research on oil, and filters, you will understand what I'm talking about.
Heres a good start, from a pretty smart guy:

All About Motor Oil

Motorcycle Oil Filters & Air Filters
What part # Mobil 1 or Puralator Pure One filter?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts