StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Oil filter

Change your oil filter,and oil.Sit back and relax.Life's far too short to be taken up with urinating contests.Grab a nice cold pint or a shot of good whiskey and put your arms around a good woman.Take it Eaz.
There now don't you feel better?

G

·
Change your oil filter,and oil.Sit back and relax.Life's far too short to be taken up with urinating contests.Grab a nice cold pint or a shot of good whiskey and put your arms around a good woman.Take it Eaz.
There now don't you feel better?
Words to live by!

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I have string, glue, rubber bands, paper clips, rubber cement, empty cardboard boxes, and every other means of jerry-rigging stuff on my bike, it just never occurred to me to use it. As all "mods" we just differ on how we set our bikes up. I just dont want mine looking like a moped that delivers pizzas owned by some kid.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hey if its cheap!!! Say....I got a used baby car seat not being used, with some duct tape, paper towels, and some zip ties I bet that thing could carry at least 2 12 packs on the back of my bike!!

G

·
Hey if its cheap!!! Say....I got a used baby car seat not being used, with some duct tape, paper towels, and some zip ties I bet that thing could carry at least 2 12 packs on the back of my bike!!
I'd like to see that. Probably make someone freak out seeing a baby seat on a bike. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Thread hijack here,

I enjoy seeing people being ingenious by using products from other markets to suit their needs. Shows some individuality and creativity. I would rather see a bike with that rather than a bike that was built by opening a catalog and bolting on everything that would fit.

G

·
Thread hijack here,

I enjoy seeing people being ingenious by using products from other markets to suit their needs. Shows some individuality and creativity. I would rather see a bike with that rather than a bike that was built by opening a catalog and bolting on everything that would fit.
Then you're going to love this.....

·
Administrator
18,476 Posts
Boy are we getting off topic......but I guess the answers that were "seeked" have pretty much been answered.;) I think as far as top boxes go...you usually get what you pay for. I would just throw down the cash for a Givi and be done, you do however have tons of cheaper options for side luggage. Pinching pennies and be frugal can get you in trouble on a motorcycle......my 2 cents.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
To hear some of you guys talk, you'd think some of you have a vested interest in seeing people overpay for farkles.

That box doesn't look bad, and it's possible to secure it safely. Also, I believe its capacity is at least equal to most of the top boxes I've seen mentioned on this website.

I've had people approach me and ask were I got it so they could purchase one for themselves.

Money wisely saved is power and opportunity.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Ok, being smart with your money, and being so cheap as to install kitchen and or bathroom devices on your bike is CHEAP and TACKY IMO.
I have this bag from Tourmaster, it is padded, well made, has quality elastic cords and plastic hooks to avoid scratching the rack. It goes on and off the bike in matter of seconds, transfers from bike to bike, and is nice enough to carry into work. Retail is only $59.99, and can probably be had for less. If you look around you can find stuff like this, instead of raiding the kitchen and home craft aisles at Walmart.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=140&cat=32

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Being a good hen I want to peck at this worm also. How many of you waste money on oil and filter changes on your car or truck??? (when new,thought I better splain that to a few of you) Someone said he wanted to get all the break in metals out, it ain't gonna happen if it will float yes most but if its heavy it will fall to the bottom of the crankcase and lay there until removed physically. As anal as some of you are you would wet your pants if you could see the amount of machining debris left in some engines. As for your filters they have a bypass anyway and don't always filter all the oil. If you have so much debris loose in the engine that one filter cannot hold it, the engine will be junk in a short time anyway. Before someone post about removing break in oil, it does not exhist it is bulk purchased quallity oil supplied by the cheapest bidder and will run several thousand miles before requiring replacement. Knowing all this I still changed mine at 600 and 1500 now its every 4000.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
You can get plastic coated cardboard boxes in various sizes reinforce the bottom with thin plywood and bolt her on paint to match and you be styling. Nm I agree have you seen the strom with the 48 qt cooler on the back! People buy these bikes expecting them to run like a race horse, load them down like a pack mule and then ride them into places that a Mule would be smart enough not to go, then complain they don't handle in mud wonder why. I especially liked the guy that was going to sue Suzuki for misrepresenting the bike because he could not ride down a graded drive with sand on it.

G

·
You can get plastic coated cardboard boxes in various sizes reinforce the bottom with thin plywood and bolt her on paint to match and you be styling. Nm I agree have you seen the strom with the 48 qt cooler on the back! People buy these bikes expecting them to run like a race horse, load them down like a pack mule and then ride them into places that a Mule would be smart enough not to go, then complain they don't handle in mud wonder why. I especially liked the guy that was going to sue Suzuki for misrepresenting the bike because he could not ride down a graded drive with sand on it.
Too funny Mort! You're right. There's just something special about a cooler on the back of a bike. And when I say special, I mean short-bus special.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Being a good hen I want to peck at this worm also. How many of you waste money on oil and filter changes on your car or truck??? (when new,thought I better splain that to a few of you) Someone said he wanted to get all the break in metals out, it ain't gonna happen if it will float yes most but if its heavy it will fall to the bottom of the crankcase and lay there until removed physically. As anal as some of you are you would wet your pants if you could see the amount of machining debris left in some engines. As for your filters they have a bypass anyway and don't always filter all the oil. If you have so much debris loose in the engine that one filter cannot hold it, the engine will be junk in a short time anyway. Before someone post about removing break in oil, it does not exhist it is bulk purchased quallity oil supplied by the cheapest bidder and will run several thousand miles before requiring replacement. Knowing all this I still changed mine at 600 and 1500 now its every 4000.
How often do you change your oil filter?

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Ok, being smart with your money, and being so cheap as to install kitchen and or bathroom devices on your bike is CHEAP and TACKY IMO.
I have this bag from Tourmaster, it is padded, well made, has quality elastic cords and plastic hooks to avoid scratching the rack. It goes on and off the bike in matter of seconds, transfers from bike to bike, and is nice enough to carry into work. Retail is only $59.99, and can probably be had for less. If you look around you can find stuff like this, instead of raiding the kitchen and home craft aisles at Walmart.

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/product.php?productid=140&cat=32
I'll bet you haven't even seen the box we're talking about. It looks better than that $59.99 canvas bag you posted.

Cheap and tackey is your avatar.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Too funny Mort! You're right. There's just something special about a cooler on the back of a bike. And when I say special, I mean short-bus special.

Oh my god !! Not a cooler on the back of a motorcycle! I'll be banned from the social register !!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Need That

Sorry, nothing to add except that I agree with nminus1, and thanks for the laughs.:mrgreen:

21 - 40 of 67 Posts