StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok just got my 06 dl650 and no manual can you guys tell me how mutch oil a change takes in quarts.. thanks andy

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
ok just got my 06 dl650 and no manual can you guys tell me how mutch oil a change takes in quarts.. thanks andy
With a conversion mate 2.7 litres with filter change or 2.3 litres without filter change :yesnod:I always flush about 200 ml until the run off is clean,if they sold the stuff in 6 litre containers we would get two changes but no the marketing people know that :mrgreen:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
That's 2.9 quarts with a filter change but lots of people just put in three.

·
Registered
516 Posts

·
Evolving Curmudgeon
1,119 Posts
Lots of good info like that in your owners manual.

·
Registered
146 Posts
2.9, save the .1 and eventually you will have 1 less quart to buy.
+, I dont think it is reccomended to overfill. :fineprint:

·
Registered
4 Posts
After my old oil is drained, I pour about 100ml of new oil in just to flush that last bit of old stuff out. Wait till it slows to a drip, put the plug back in and fill the the remaining 2.9L of fresh oil I have left. Works perfectly

·
Registered
230 Posts
I did not look to verify, but normally the engineering recomended capacity is cast into the engine cases someplace right near the fill port. Take a gander and see if you see something like "2900 ml" cast into the area nearby the refill opening.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The dealership parts clerks can order owner's manuals as well as repair manuals.

There is no need to flush oil through the engine unless the old oil was contaminated...somebody put in brake fluid or antifreeze or fuel or something else completely wrong, or the engine parts shed bits of metal and the engine has just been repaired.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I did not look to verify, but normally the engineering recomended capacity is cast into the engine cases someplace right near the fill port. Take a gander and see if you see something like "2900 ml" cast into the area nearby the refill opening.
The case has 2300ml cast into it by the oil level sight glass, the capacity without a filter change.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The case has 2300ml cast into it by the oil level sight glass, the capacity without a filter change.
:furious:

That is a dumb thing to cast into the engine, I always used that nuber as the fill capacity on my dirt bikes. Well... they also did not have a filter, so I guess it made sense in that application.

:thumbup:

It is good to know that the manufacturing casted capacity is not the total system fill capacity, I would have never questioned it. Good catch!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts