StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled the Wee out of the Bat Cave today, warmed it up for 30 minutes and back to the dark for an oil change. Drain plug was real tight and the filter was loose enough to turn off with my finger tips. So much for service at the dealer. I can't believe the filter did not leak for 1400 miles. My guardian angel must have been a rider.
Checked the drain plug for metal fragments, none to be found, wiped it off and checked the drain pan after pouring oil into jug for disposal. Found just 10 or so small pieces, enough to make the head of a pin. I figure that is good for an engine with just 1800 miles on it.
New Zuk filter and 10-40 amsoil in the Wee and went for a ride and made a point of checking for leaks, A-OK. I still can't believe that filter. Ride On.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
water warrior said:
I still can't believe that filter.
You'd think the Suzuki tech would have heard a/b the GSXR that blew up (ok, well, that's as much as this mechanical moron understood) on the track after the oil fliter that was HAND tightened sailed off, huh? Good thing your's stayed on but you know it's only a matter of time when a street rider picks up his/her bike only to have the oil filter rolling alongside them as they take off for home. :twisted:
BTW, +1 for Amsoil. Oh, and can you do something a/b the Bandito thing up there b/f I come rollin' thru? :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stromette, I would love to do something about the RCMPeople around here. The thing is, I would like more of them to slow down the cages. That being said, in a previous life I got arrested for going a LITTLE over the limit. I wasn't always old an slow. Ride On Gal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts