StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing oil and oil filter in the next few days.

I've got the torque values, but I need the drain and the filter bolt sizes and shapes.

:grin2: -» Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,224 Posts
Is it a race or something? Put a socket on it, if its too large get a smaller, if too small get a larger. :)

The filter is a small size if you are looking for a wrap around filter wrench, it isn't a large car filter.

·
Administrator
6,386 Posts
My Wee uses a 13mm socket for the oil drain bolt, and you will need a clasping type filter wrench for the filter.
I'm guessing that your V2 is the same.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I was hoping a Vee2 owner would have posted by now and I only knew the older bikes. I took the time to look it up this morning.
The Vee uses a 17mm socket with a 16.5 lb-ft torque spec and the Wee uses a 14mm socket with a 15lb-ft torque spec. Some important bolt sizes?
The Vee2 uses the same drain plug as the Vee. All the bikes use the same oil filter, 68mm and 14 flutes for the Suzuki branded filter. Aftermarket filters will be different and they will require hand tight or 3/4 to 1 turn instead of the OEM filter's two turns because of its large cross section soft O-ring gasket. Be sure to put a film of oil on the new filter's gasket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys thanks a lot !

I wasn't able to find the info in the user guide or elsewhere online. And won't have access to the bike until tomorrow. I'll be able to get the right tools today and get in done early tomorrow.

Much appreciated !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts