StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not yet found a manual, bike has 3200 Mi. and just serviced from dealer . How often is recommended for a change?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
What model year is it? Suzuki changed the oil change interval in 2015 from 3500 miles to 7500 miles. If you just want to be good to the bike, you can use the latter figure. If you need to keep up the warranty, you need to follow the book. If it's a 2015 model, check with your dealer for an updated schedule as Suzuki changed the interval on the 2015 model during the model year.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks its a 2014, would you know if the original filter would be imprinted w/ the suzuki logo? I bought from a non dealer and I want to make sure they changed the filter also, as closely as I can determine. Chances are if they did the oil change they would have used an non oem filter. Also what would have been the recommended mileage for the first oil change, man I need a manual! Thanks

·
Registered
508 Posts
Thanks its a 2014, would you know if the original filter would be imprinted w/ the suzuki logo? I bought from a non dealer and I want to make sure they changed the filter also, as closely as I can determine. Chances are if they did the oil change they would have used an non oem filter. Also what would have been the recommended mileage for the first oil change, man I need a manual! Thanks
Yes OEM filters have the Suzuki markings. On my 2009 Vee 1 filter for 3 oil changes, 6000 km per oil change. The service manual, although expensive, is a plus.

Brian

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
If the bike is out of warranty you can use a 7500 mile or 7.5 months oil change interval. One difference between Suzuki and aftermarket oil filters is the OEM uses 2 turns after gasket contact and other brands use 3/4 turn or one turn.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If the bike is out of warranty you can use a 7500 mile or 7.5 months oil change interval. One difference between Suzuki and aftermarket oil filters is the OEM uses 2 turns after gasket contact and other brands use 3/4 turn or one turn.

Are the newer storms using synthetic oil now? I have a 2011 model.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts