StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna start doing my own services now,what and where are you guys getting your oils and filters from?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wal-mart, Rotella T6 synthetic oil and Fram filters. 30,000 miles and still going strong.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Wal-mart, Rotella T6 synthetic oil and Fram filters. 30,000 miles and still going strong.
Believe it or not, there's no Wal-mart, no T6 Synth and no Fram filters in Australia.
We DO know McDonalds, though...

Is there a reason you blokes run full synthetic oil,I run shell advance sx4 a mineral oil as the manwell suggests?
Duck, here it comes....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts

:yesnod:

but since you asked, Hiflo Filter ($18) and Motul 3100 Gold (10w/40) "Tecknosynthese" (Semi synthetic) ($50).
A local M/C mechanic ( stubbsy @ Sportcycles) tells me he has found some Suzuki's tend to burn/use full synthetic oils, especially when pushed hard.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Gonna start doing my own services now,what and where are you guys getting your oils and filters from?
I just use the genuine filters, and shell advance oil available from the dealership, keeps it simple.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is there a reason you blokes run full synthetic oil,I run shell advance sx4 a mineral oil as the manwell suggests?
After reading the big oil thread, seems it gets mashed up less by the gears, that's the short version or you can read the 20,000 words for the long version.

·
Registered
924 Posts
My bloke doesn't like the synthetics either.

I use Bel-Ray EXL 20w-50 mineral oil and HiFlo HF one three eight filter. (Sorry to have to spell it out but for some reason if I try the numerals I get a smiley face instead of an eight, same as Mudrat's post. Gremlins!)

Change both every 5000 klms. Cheap insurance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts