StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw that Ohlins has fork springs and a rear shock for the V-Strom. Has anyone installed them? If so, what's your impression of them?

Was going to upgrade the fork springs on my V-Strom and found that in addition to Race Tech, Ohlins and Progressive now offer fork springs as well.

My thanks in advance!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last November I bought an '02 Strom that had an Ohlins shock installed by the first owner. Seems great to me, but I haven't ridden a Strom with the stock shock to compare. As far as I know, the fork springs are stock. I might replace them once Spring arrives for good and I get a chance to ride the bike more and evaluate the handling.

·
Registered
52 Posts
MOD-Do the pegs drag on those great NC twisties when the bike has the Ohlins shock and fork springs?? Carl

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ended up going with Progressive Suspension's new fork springs and replacing the crappy 5W stock oil with 15W Bardahl synthetic fork oil.

Super comfortable, absorbing vibration, jolts and bumps like a sponge. Finally, no blasted fork dive, along with huge improvements in stability and directional control. Steering is live and nimble. It cuts corners like it's on rails. And all for less than $250 including tax and labor!

The Ohlins rear shock will have to wait. It's well over $700 just for the shock itself making the out the shop door price about $1K. Ouch! Maybe Progressive Suspension will have their rear shock for the 'Strom ready by then...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh....Ohlins 8)
Expensive, but you'll smile every time you ride the bike. Rebuildable, too. Probably one of the few mods that will actually add value to your bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts