StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seeing more and more people from Ohio joining the site. I'd like to know how many would be interested in an Ohio ride come spring. Maybe if there is enough interest, we could get an Ohio club together and do monthly rides. I am definitely in. :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Count me in!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
IN for sure!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Once I get my DL650K7 im in. Looking at purchaseing it in late April early May.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
So how buried are you guys? I've got at least 16-18 inches of the white stuff up here. My poor Strom hasn't seen the light of day since the day I brought it home from the dealership.

My first ride once it's warm enough will be right back to the dealership to get the updated ECM. Then I'll be good to go.

Anyone have any thoughts where we should go riding? I'm up for anything, I just want to get some miles on my new toy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
So how buried are you guys? I've got at least 16-18 inches of the white stuff up here. My poor Strom hasn't seen the light of day since the day I brought it home from the dealership.

My first ride once it's warm enough will be right back to the dealership to get the updated ECM. Then I'll be good to go.

Anyone have any thoughts where we should go riding? I'm up for anything, I just want to get some miles on my new toy!
In Urbana, we probably finally ended up with about 8-9 inches total. Much like you, I brought mine home from the dealership, rode an insanely cold 4.6 mile ride, and then its been nasty ever since. It has given me the opportun ity to do a bit of farkling though. Since bringing it home, I've put on:
1. Set of Givi E21's
2. Adventure motostuff trunk rack (I'm using some old no-name topcase I already had)
3. Handguards
4. Centerstand
5. Heated Grips
6. Dan Vesel Skid plate, oil cooler guard, and radiator guard.
Planning to order a Kaoko throttle lock and probably some givi crash bars next...

As far as where to ride, I guess it depends on whether everyone wants to do a pavement day or a dual sport day. This is my first dual sport-ish bike, so I don't know a lot of places to go for that. If everyone is up for a pavement day, there is a lot of good stuff in SE Ohio. One that poolbitc--.....I mean poolBOY and I do frequently is 555, which basically runs from Zanesville to Parkersburg, WV. There a lot of other good stuff around there too...

I guess aybe we need to see where all the Ohio folks are on the map and try to figure out a somewhat centralized meeting point. I'll try to look at a map and locate where everyone is later today if I get the chance....

Rich

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sounds great. I need to get some more farkles going myself, but I've just had a hard time justifying the expense with the bad weather and all. I'm about 25 miles south of Cleveland, just north of Medina off 71. Handyhiker's not far from me either. I'm game for anything, I've also never owned a dual-sport-ish bike of any kind before so I'm a noob to that type of riding as well.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey guys.

Although I just moved to Dallas from the Dayton area, I'll be making my way back up there quite a bit. So I'll be monitoring the Ohio area posts. So when someone from Dallas says "I'm interested", don't be surprised.

On another note -

Rich - I used to work in Urbana before I left Dayton in Nov. Did you just recently purchase your Strom?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would like to do 555 again, i think around hocking area there are some parks with off road riding. do not know what kind of skill level is required..... but lifes an adventure. we could get in a pretty good days ride or 2..itchin to get out there again.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I worked at Rittal. It's over on 55. But Urbana being what it is, I'm sure anyone familiar with the town knows where it is.

Scott

·
Registered
39 Posts
I worked at Rittal. It's over on 55. But Urbana being what it is, I'm sure anyone familiar with the town knows where it is.

Scott
Yepper...used to be the old Drackett building....I've heard that their business has finally started picking up pretty well - Though their building on Upper Valley Pike is definitely NOT an indication of a busy business.....

·
Registered
80 Posts
The building in Springfield is empty and I believe they're trying to sell it, everyone is in Urbana now.

Poolboy - I know Carolyn, she was Inside Sales with me, but in a different group.

Didn't know if either of you might have worked there.

Take care.

·
Registered
39 Posts

Scott
When I got tired of yelling expletives in the shower every morning and left my last job, one of the guys they hired to take my place was from Rittal. His name is Jim Summerfield....You know him??

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Got my '02 Vee home ( bought it from Eviltwin v2) and just finished getting all my new gear (some great deals at Iron Pony) and am waiting on a price quote for some new tires. I'm looking forward to getting out and enjoying the new ride. The weather seems to be breaking here in central Ohio but I'm waiting on the title from the bank so I can get the tags. My wife said she couldn't believe I haven't taken it down the road yet. I told her with my luck the State Patrol AND the County Sheriff would pick that time to visit my neck of the woods. I'll just wait. Hopefully not much longer though... I would love to get together with other Strom owners for a ride. It'll be a chance to compare notes and learn more about my new ride.

Count me in!

Steve

1 - 20 of 51 Posts