StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A gentleman on the V-Strom forum is inviting strommers on a ride through 200 miles of the twisties in the curvy part of Ohio. Will meet at 7:30 AM in West Jefferson. Looks interesting. I would provide a link but I have no idea how to do that. I'm from the days of black and white TV.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
0 Posts
I might be able to make it...but won't know for sure until we get closer to the date. I work "on-call" and it's just impossible to tell this far out.

I'll keep this in the back of my mind though.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Maybe we should get a NE to SW ohio group together to meet up and ride down there? I'm thinking about going too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
July 5th ride

Bummer! I work third shift so my weekend doesn't start till 7:00am on Fridays. I only get to ride on the weekends or mornings when I'm still awake enough to think straight. Manage to fit in frequent brekkie rides though. Have fun on the fresh pavement.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
West Jefferson is on 40, west of C-bus.

And, I will be bringing my new raingear for this ride :) I learned my lesson last time.

UPDATE: Time has been changed, they are now meeting at that McDonalds at 8, with a departure time of 830.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Anyone else interested in this? Anyone want to meet up and ride down from up here?

·
0 Posts
Hey MZ,

I believe me and Scarlot Harlot(Kevin) are planning to do the ride.
We both live in the Dublin area, just slightly NW of Columbus, right outside the 270 loop.

Maybe we could meet you on your way down and ride the rest of the way with ya. Kevin knows the way where everyone is meeting.

Matt

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Okay, I know where you are I think. I moved up here from Columbus about 4 years ago, spent my whole life until then in the C-bus. When it gets a bit closer we can try to coordinate something. I'll probably get up at the crack of dawn and head on down.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My house is just 2.5 miles north of the 270 and Sawmill Rd exit. If you rode south on an empty stomach there is a Bob Evans on the South side of that intersection and we could meet for Breakfast. On the other hand if you ate before you left we can get coffee at McD's house of ptomaine in West Jefferson. Too bad this is not an evening ride as Ann & Tony's Restaurant in West Jefferson is world famous for their Italian food and it is next door to McD's. West Jeff is about a 30 min ride from Bob Evans on the 650 and 20 min on the 1000.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yeah, I know where that is. My mom's house is right near Henderson and 315, right by Whetstone high school (class of '97 :)) I think I'll probably just have to meet you guys in West Jeff, since I'm going to come down that morning and I'll have to leave real early to make it by the 0800 meeting time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in Powell. Maybe I could join you for the ride to WJ. what time are you leaving?

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Greetings Mr Equip1969. Welcome to the show. What mount do you ride sir? If I have read the list of attendees correctly I will once again be in the minority of 650 riders for the group. Going to WJ via the freeways from my house would mean leaving my house at around 7:30. Cruising the backroads will necessitate a 7:15 departure. I can meet even earlier if anyone wants to do breakfast. My house is right behind where they want to build the new Super Walmart on Sawmill Rd.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I plan to leave my house in enough time to arrive at McD's at 0800 hours. Not sure if anyone from the Cleveland area will be joining me or if this will be a solo mission.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hey KAP

Where in Hilliard is your brother's house? There are several Casa de Bob's that may be convienient for us or if we go the backroads from Dublin we could stop at the Der Dutchman in Plain City.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts