StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big B & I are planning a tech day some Saturday soon at his place in Westerville, to get together, do some work on your bike with lots of help from the gathered crew, grill out, etc.

If you'd like to attend, post here, I'll keep track of those who are interested and let you know when & where.

Mike

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sure I'm interested. Maybe Handyhiker and I could hook up and blast down there.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Sign me up. Looking forward to meeting the Buckeye Crew. I do hope we are going to allow some time for ridin'.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The Dallas area chapter of Two Wheeled Texans have had a couple of Strom specific (with a few exceptions) tech days so far this year. Very fun and educational. The focus of the January day was installing about 8 sets of heated grips (came in very handy that day) and some fuse boxes. February was more of a welding, replacing chains, brakes day. And of course, you have to break out the grill. Lots of observing and learning going on.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15647&page=2

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Cool, hopefully this will pick up some steam. I'm sure there's plenty of choice routes to C-bus from up here aside from 71S :D

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Cool, hopefully this will pick up some steam. I'm sure there's plenty of choice routes to C-bus from up here aside from 71S :D
I hope so. I'd be up for the trip as long as you kept me off 71. I hate riding on the interstates.

·
Administrator
16,957 Posts
Boy......guess I better get to planning!:mrgreen: My home is welcome to all that want to come.....and you bet your butt we will go for a ride. So.....what kind of "fixes", tune ups, or general Strom talk do you guys want to cover? These bikes are so good, I'm sure we won't be spending much time tuning.

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
What I need/want to do

It's a shame we can't find a yosh box. I would like to tinker with a few settings. Other then that, All I need to do is run a outlet up front and a good ground wire. I would at some point like to get a gps and be able to power it. :-D

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I would really like to see a throttle body synch. I can also get some red paint to fix any non-red stroms.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I need to know how to get the tank off, to change the airfilter and to generally mess with stuff I can't reach right now, and to take off the charcole filter, wherever 'th hell THAT is...
I can help out with wiring of any kind...

·
Administrator
16,957 Posts
I need to know how to get the tank off, to change the airfilter and to generally mess with stuff I can't reach right now, and to take off the charcole filter, wherever 'th hell THAT is...
I can help out with wiring of any kind...
We will git er done!;) I can buy some vac tubing/connectors for anyone that wants extensions put on, and then we will SYNC.

Mike...pretty sure you don't have a charcoal canister "California model".
I am getting ready to order a Powerlet kit, I may wait until we all hook up to install it.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Sounds good.....I also have a can of spray on MUDD, that we can give your bike a proper coating.
I know, I know. A clean bike is the sign of a sick mind.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
+1 on the throttle body synch. I am convinced that my bike needs it...but I am always imagining that there is something not quite right with my bikes.

[stands up]

My name is Gary...and I am a Bikochondriac...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Well now we're getting somewhere!

I suppose I could check my sync again, it was so off the first time it might still not be perfect. I'll need to install a 43t rear sprocket and a speedo healer.

How soon do you guys want to do this? Of course, there's like 5 inches of snow on the ground at my house right now...

·
Administrator
16,957 Posts
Tenativley, the first weekend of May. Does a Sat or Sun work out better for ya'll?

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Tenativley, the first weekend of May. Does a Sat or Sun work out better for ya'll?
I will be in Plain City that weekend at a Scooter meet. If we do it then, Sunday would be better. I can come right from the meet sunday morning.

Edit: I think MZ works on Sundays, If saturday thats ok, I just skip out of the meet for a while.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts