StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably the most embarrassing spill of the year.

Out on the Lions road, Ace wanted to stop and take some pictures, did a U-Turn in a farm road, front wheel caught a cow pat at 2kph - Ooops, Sleeping Strom.

Other than the extreme embarrassment, the damage was the usual suspects, right hand indicator, cracked Suzuki handguard and the crash bars are a bit closer to the plastics now.

*sigh*

Fortunately - I had a spare indicator end, and I've gotten really good at welding up handguards. The lens of the indicator was toast, but I have a spare (repaired) bulb assembly still.

As my wife said when I got home.

"Shit happens"

And for all that, my day was a lot better than some.

Pete

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sounds like a load of Bull$hit to me.
:green_lol::green_lol::green_lol:

Anything you walk away from intact is a good one mate.

Where's the pics Pete :confused:

Much like Astro's drop yesterday, if there's no pics then it didn't happen. :fineprint:

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Probably the most embarrassing spill of the year.

Out on the Lions road, Ace wanted to stop and take some pictures, did a U-Turn in a farm road, front wheel caught a cow pat at 2kph - Ooops, Sleeping Strom.

Other than the extreme embarrassment, the damage was the usual suspects, right hand indicator, cracked Suzuki handguard and the crash bars are a bit closer to the plastics now.

*sigh*

Fortunately - I had a spare indicator end, and I've gotten really good at welding up handguards. The lens of the indicator was toast, but I have a spare (repaired) bulb assembly still.

Pete
:confused:

embarrassed... pete.... it's part of stromer's life... but on the cow pat is rather annoying i guess:green_lol: I thought about taking a picture of your sleeping strom, but thought i shall have mercy on you!:mrgreen:

i like see how u do the plastic welding at some point.

We were going to do a video of our bikes going a series of bumps and potholes so typical of roads around here - sort of "Wilburs & RTGV emulator vs "Elka & Intiminator" shoot out. Oh well next time i suppose...

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
We were going to do a video of our bikes going a series of bumps and potholes so typical of roads around here - sort of "Wilburs & RTGV emulator vs "Elka & Intiminator" shoot out. Oh well next time i suppose...
I'd like to see that.

·
Registered
608 Posts
*LIKE*

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

er ... ok

·
Registered
811 Posts
Had a little "moment" myself on the Grey Gum Cafe' ride, the nice owners of the Cafe have laid some massive concrete slabs for the bikes park on :thumbup: unfortunatley they are surrounded by soft black sand:thumbdown:. So imagine my embassasment when I give it that little bit too much front brake, while reversing the bike onto one of the slabs :headbang:, in front of about 30 sports bike riders :biggrinjester:
Lucky AstroBob was with me cuase not one of them even looked like giving me a hand to pick it up :thumbdown:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Oops - numbers are falling (pardon the pun)

*LIKE*

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

er ... ok
Rules are rules Steve - it should have been *ME LIKE* - hey thats only nine characters...

Any way, back to "oops" - First the Suzy & Gareth drops, then One-Off's mechanical, then Pete W drops (well, slips) and....well lets just say, I will be riding very carefully as the SE coastal numbers take a tumble.

Stay safe - enough of the bad luck for thids year I say!

Trevor

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Its the little "shit" that will get you. I was pulling into a restaurant on my Harley on a very dark night and my front wheel crossed a flattened soda cup while the handle bars were turned sharply. The front end stepped out at a very bad time and 750 pounds of American metal slowly went down for a nap. Two skinned up crash bars and a parking lot full of spectators.

At least I had help picking up the equivalent of a small car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts