StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to put a give e45 case on my rear rack. Does anyone know if there are any adapter plates that put the case a little further back on the rear rack? I have a no name givi knock of there now and it comes pretty far forward and cramps the passenger.

I think happy trails makes something like this for the KLR, I'm not sure if such a thing exists for the wee.

· Registered
87 Posts
Adventure motostuff!! they have what you need,,, its rather spendy,, however it gives you 5 for and aft positions,,, about a 1/3 rd of an inch per hole,,, your pass. will like it alot,, especially with a back pad on your Givi case...

· Registered
1,936 Posts
+1 for Adventure Moto Plate.
Mike

· Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at that rack you guys mentioned. it looks like it's made of two separate racks. Is it the luggage rack 2.0 with the V-Strom Adjustable Topcase Mounting System V3.0 For Givi Monokey Cases rack in top? Do I need to make two separate purchases or it is all one thing?

· Registered
1,936 Posts
There is 2 versions.
Think you have the right model there, its roughly $130http://www.amotostuff.com/dl1000_luggage/AMSVSLug-MK.html
I'm using it with a JC Whitney Case, took a little force to get on the first time.
Heads up it does not work with the Bestem, the Bestem locking mechanism is reversed and will not engage properly.:thumbdown:
I know from experience, wife got a new Bestem on her bike instead:headbang:
Mike

· Registered
1,936 Posts
The Bestem top case lock mechanism is reverse of the Givi design and will not engage to secure to the mounting plate.
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.