StromTrooper banner

Off to the Yukon

1582 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  rcacs
Having been in every province several times, I figured its time to hit up our Territories. Departing here bright and oily on 12 June, first stop Calgary to visit a bud, then North I go.

Unfortunatly time is against me on this run, so Dawson is my destination (simply won't have time to do the Dempster...:headbang: ).

Will be keeping a sharp eye out for fellow Troopers.

Cheers!!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
530 Posts
Have a safe, great ride! :thumbup:

I'd love to ride that way someday. One of the few place I haven't been yet.

· Registered
135 Posts
Having been in every province several times, I figured its time to hit up our Territories. Departing here bright and oily on 12 June, first stop Calgary to visit a bud, then North I go.

Unfortunatly time is against me on this run, so Dawson is my destination (simply won't have time to do the Dempster...:headbang: ).

Will be keeping a sharp eye out for fellow Troopers.

Cheers!!
I absolutely love the north country :hurray:
I can't wait to head back up that way myself in the next year or so. I think about it everyday......

Safe travels..... & take lots of pictures!

~TR~

· Registered
318 Posts
Have a safe trip. I would love to do that ride someday.

· Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should be there on the 16th for only 2 days, so wont hit up the Dust.

cheers

· Registered
168 Posts
I live in Prince George BC, and enjoy seeing travellers who are going North, and them coming back,, easily identified by the dirt and crud they wear as a badge of honour at the end of the treack,,, today I spotted a strom all dirty and well used leaving a commercial area where there is a purolator depot ,,, I couldn't stop as I was working , perhaps the guy was picking up spares? .

· Registered
984 Posts
Howdy

I live in Prince George BC, and enjoy seeing travellers who are going North, and them coming back,, easily identified by the dirt and crud they wear as a badge of honour at the end of the treack,,, today I spotted a strom all dirty and well used leaving a commercial area where there is a purolator depot ,,, I couldn't stop as I was working , perhaps the guy was picking up spares? .
I lived in PG from '73 to '78 and got my first bike there, a '76 Honda CB400F and my second one too, a '78 Yamaha SR500E. That's the one I rode to Ontario in '78. Have fond memories of PG and BC and hope to make it back someday before I fall of the perch. Took the Stewart-Cassiar to Alaska in '76 and returned via the Alcan. I hear the SC is in better shape now.

· Registered
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Had a fantastic trip!...weather was so-so, but overall it was pretty darn good. 8800km start to finish in 11 days, with a 3 day layover in Calgary.

The Dempster when wet is like riding on greased marbles.

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.