StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been in every province several times, I figured its time to hit up our Territories. Departing here bright and oily on 12 June, first stop Calgary to visit a bud, then North I go.

Unfortunatly time is against me on this run, so Dawson is my destination (simply won't have time to do the Dempster...:headbang: ).

Will be keeping a sharp eye out for fellow Troopers.

Cheers!!

·
Premium Member
526 Posts
Have a safe, great ride! :thumbup:

I'd love to ride that way someday. One of the few place I haven't been yet.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Having been in every province several times, I figured its time to hit up our Territories. Departing here bright and oily on 12 June, first stop Calgary to visit a bud, then North I go.

Unfortunatly time is against me on this run, so Dawson is my destination (simply won't have time to do the Dempster...:headbang: ).

Will be keeping a sharp eye out for fellow Troopers.

Cheers!!
I absolutely love the north country :hurray:
I can't wait to head back up that way myself in the next year or so. I think about it everyday......

Safe travels..... & take lots of pictures!

~TR~

·
Registered
314 Posts
Have a safe trip. I would love to do that ride someday.

·
Registered
808 Posts
You hitting up Dust to Dawson? I'll be headed up that way on my Wee, with two buddies (VFR800 and F650GS). We may or may not make Dust to Dawson; it's a week after our departure from the SF bay area.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should be there on the 16th for only 2 days, so wont hit up the Dust.

cheers

·
Registered
167 Posts
I live in Prince George BC, and enjoy seeing travellers who are going North, and them coming back,, easily identified by the dirt and crud they wear as a badge of honour at the end of the treack,,, today I spotted a strom all dirty and well used leaving a commercial area where there is a purolator depot ,,, I couldn't stop as I was working , perhaps the guy was picking up spares? .

·
Registered
984 Posts
Howdy

I live in Prince George BC, and enjoy seeing travellers who are going North, and them coming back,, easily identified by the dirt and crud they wear as a badge of honour at the end of the treack,,, today I spotted a strom all dirty and well used leaving a commercial area where there is a purolator depot ,,, I couldn't stop as I was working , perhaps the guy was picking up spares? .
I lived in PG from '73 to '78 and got my first bike there, a '76 Honda CB400F and my second one too, a '78 Yamaha SR500E. That's the one I rode to Ontario in '78. Have fond memories of PG and BC and hope to make it back someday before I fall of the perch. Took the Stewart-Cassiar to Alaska in '76 and returned via the Alcan. I hear the SC is in better shape now.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had a fantastic trip!...weather was so-so, but overall it was pretty darn good. 8800km start to finish in 11 days, with a 3 day layover in Calgary.

The Dempster when wet is like riding on greased marbles.

Cheers!

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts