StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Guatemala, the opportunities to go off-road are numerous. The rewards are small towns that just don't see tourists -- backpackers or especially bikers. Only problem is thieves seem to love them too. Armed bandits robbed people same off-road roads I was on several days ago. I feel lucky not to have been robbed. I think I'll avoid further off-roading in Guatemala from here.

In any case, I took one graceful fall, as well as banged the bottom side on the Strom a bunch on the evil rocks. The consequences:

1) Handle bars to triple tree are now crooked... this happened once before, but I know how to fix it.
2) The center stand (sw-motech) had been moved left. Specifically, there is a a pad on the bike that the center stand rests against when not in use; to keep it away from the chain and out of the way. The center stand was rubbing against the chain -- bad. I went to a mechanic and with a lever he got the center stand to come loose; and ended up banging the rest pad a bit to the left to keep it from rubbing the chain. So essentially both the pad and the center stand have been moved left a bit.

I do have a policy of fixing anything on the bike immediately when its broken.. but it seems to be working. I'd love your thoughts.

I can also post a photo if you folks would like.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Check your welds, otherwise your Strom may take a nap at an inappropriate time.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
It works now, with no apparent problems to the structure other than that it was bent, and is now bent back close to original? I'd check to make sure there aren't any cracks anywhere, both in the unit and the mounting points, and if it looks okay, don't worry about it. I would probably take a moment to rock the bike a bit every time I put it up, just to make sure it's solid. But then I usually do that anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts