StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all,

I have gotten off the beaten path a bit lately, wanted to share my thoughts, in case someone cares......stock trailwings

Hard packed gravel - REALLY GREAT! I was really surprised to be going 55 mph on the gravel at one point. Handles very well, sturdy and confidence inspiring.

Loose gravel - Really great!!! I'm sure tires will increase the performance. Once the rear wheel got a little squirly and wide. The bike is balanced.

Ruts, bumps, ects - Kinda Crappy - This is where the glee really shows it is a street bike at heart. A good jolt to the suspension makes you wish you were on a different bike.

Summation:
If the road gets a little rough, I AM IN FREAKING LOVE with this bike. It is a solid machine from beginning to end. If you are intent on long distance travel when the campsites are at the end of a 4 mile gravel road, there are few bikes better.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Did you try standing on the pegs over the rough stuff?

In this video I stood up going up the hill, it got reasonably rough and rutted near the top. It went pretty well for a ~240kg wet motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Tires matter also. Here's a couple of videos from this April with my DL650K9 on the Carrizo Plain. Using a TKC-80 front and a Shinko 705 rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts