StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a blast with my Wee this month but I've been on paved roads for the most part, and have been getting some country gavel roads in during the past week. The versatility of this bike is so refreshing. I'd really like to try some modest trails though. Is there anywhere in Southern or even Central Ontario that a guy could find something like that?

Hank

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hankster, I'm not too sure on how much off-roading you'll want to do in the wee if you have the stock street rubber. Gravel roads are fine, but trails.. YIKES!

That being said, there is some great country roads not to far from you, ie:

Lower Valley Road north of Flesherton... Then for a treat, try Campell's Hill Road (steep and twisty one lane gravel,.. a real challenge) from Lower Valley to Beaver Valley Road (BV is paved, but a great view) .. turn right on Beaver Valley and you'll come to Eugenia Falls.. nice spot to relax before heading back home. If you have a GPS connected to the wee already, hit the back country gravel roads on you way back.. The Mrs and I did this last summer and then circled back to Collingwood for dinner. Was a full day of riding.. wee both had a blast!

PS, grey/black wee with motolights, Suzuki side and top case and from Ayr here.

·
Registered
636 Posts
For an easy introduction to off roading without going bananas, try finding an old railbed and follow that for a while.

There is one that runs north out of Shelbourne that is just to the west of Hwy #10 and follows it for a bit.

There was also the old railbed that is the Cayuga and Caso Subs, both run out of St. Thomas and go eastward towards Fort Erie. You might be able to find remnants of them down around Waterford / Dunnville areas.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well after trying my wee off road a few times (not so much marked trails as dirt ATV paths probly not legal) I can attest to saying its FAR FROM a dirt bike.

That being said in the few places i have ridden i have had a BLAST. But trust me from my experiance BRING A FRIEND (wees are DAMN HEAVY when the sink in mud and i am BIG GUY).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts