StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
650 XTA 2019
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just past the last few days taking the level 3 training (as long as I traveled there, I also took level 1 and 2 again) with Bill Dragoo from D.A.R.T. (www.billdragoo.com).
Last day was Sand. As the instructors said, that day, Sand was "gnarly". Here are a few pictures (photo credits to Susan Dragoo and Jenny Vigil):

Tire Wheel Vehicle Helmet Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Vehicle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

By the way, I busted my fender. I think a rock when through it:

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

I would like to install AdventureTech's fender risers. Anyone has experience with those? Any other recommendations? Do I need to change anything to the brake lines?

Also, any advice where I can buy a new fender?

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 650 V-Strom with ABS
880 Posts
That looks like first class fun. I intend to put the fender raiser/riser but haven't got around to it quite yet.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just past the last few days taking the level 3 training (as long as I traveled there, I also took level 1 and 2 again) with Bill Dragoo from D.A.R.T. (www.billdragoo.com).
Last day was Sand. As the instructors said, that day, Sand was "gnarly". Here are a few pictures (photo credits to Susan Dragoo and Jenny Vigil):

View attachment 291893 View attachment 291895

View attachment 291897 View attachment 291898

By the way, I busted my fender. I think a rock when through it:

View attachment 291899

I would like to install AdventureTech's fender risers. Anyone has experience with those? Any other recommendations? Do I need to change anything to the brake lines?

Also, any advice where I can buy a new fender?
Great experience, deep sand and slippery mud, two of the worst scenarios, I try to avoid.

Every now and then I hear a rock scraping inside my front fender, was thinking to get me a fender riser kit, I believe it raises the fender by only about 1/2 to 3/4", which is better then OE, but I wish it's more, like 2" at least, but then you have to modify brake lines etc. Suzuki should have allowed a 2" space on "ADVENTURE" Vstroms :rolleyes:

Maybe you can plastic weld a hole in your fender, there is a good "plastic welding gun" on Amazon available that works great.

50w Hot Stapler, Plastic Welding Machine Car Bumper Repair Kit, Plier, Flat/Outside Corner/Inside Corner/Wave Staples, Welding Repairing Machine Welder Gun Repair https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08BJSXW7R/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glc_i_Y1DYTJGK1DGZVMPBKR3R

Reactions: Solarguy

·
Registered
650 XTA 2019
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just got my new fender from Partzilla. They claim it is Suzuki OEM for only $42. They both look exactly the same!
Grey Tire Automotive design Peripheral Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts