StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OEM XT "Beak" on a non XT??

Greetings,
Could anyone please tell me if the so called "Beak" found in XT models would fit on a ABS model?, let me explain I really really like the look of it, and I would like to know if I can fit it to my 14 Glee, and if so I will appreciate your response.

CcsCourierMiami

·
Registered
127 Posts
The parts are interchangeable from what I understand but your most likely going to break something in the process from what I understand, I was going to de-beak my XT when I got it but the nose has grown on me since.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Greetings,
Could anyone pleas tell me if the so called "Beak" found in XT models would fit on a ABS model?, let me explain I really really like the look of it, and I would like to know if I can fit it to my 14 Glee, and if so I will appreciate your response.

CcsCourierMiami

Yep gotta have one to hang with the real ADV bikes! :grin2:

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
Even my G650GS has a beak. Dang thang sticks out 10 inches.
If the British offered beak for the older Stroms wasn't 200 bucks, I get one to join the poser ADV enthusiasts.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yes, all of the numerous tabs, clips, hooks, etc are made to go together once at the factory. Have your fingers crossed if you do any manipulations after that. Label plastic sandwich bags for the various screws since there are several lengths / shoulder configuration of both black and silver screws and the left-side is a little different from the right in several areas. Take plenty of pictures too - really helps.

BTW - My '15 650XT fell and the windscreen hit an object on the way down. The windscreen shattered and broke out the front attachment screws / plastic fairing & up right corner around the speedo / gas tank / turn signal fairing area. I was lucky to find a slightly used XT windscreen on fleaBay for less than 50% of the ~$400 dealer charge and the other parts were another $100.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Every person , every taste...
I happened to have a XT and honestly I am not a fan of beaks. I would trade it to you but you are in Miami.
That been said I am not an adventurer biker, more a road/ commuter / day trips one, but when I went to buy my bike, there was not a single one available (the new one coming in July 2017), so this was was given to me with a good offer as it was the last one, and I couldn't resist. So there we are, I have a the adventurer version for road use and you are the road version and want the XT version.:var_17::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts