StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post #7

Any advantage of Suzuki vs. SW-Motech center stands? I'm looking around for a best price scenario. Found an OEM for $255 all in. I've found SW for about $300+ after S/H. I've checked out the model mentioned in another thread, going for $115+, but I'll stick to name brand on this component.

Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this doesn't answer your question. But I have had the happy-trail center stand for the last year or so and It's been great. Super sturdy and well made. I don't have any experience with the other ones so I can't speak as to how they compare but so far I've not had any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I bought the Suzuki. Works just fine. I don't know what advantage a pricier part would offer.

Reactions: Rides

·
Registered
631 Posts
I have the OEM. I'm sure both parts are good quality. OEM fits with a Ravetech skid plate FYI. Puzzles me when people want to cheap out on a center stand...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the OEM. For the same price or less why not go with what’s designed for it? Although the OEM is probably made by Motech just like like the OEM crash bars are. I all honesty either is fine

·
Registered
15,621 Posts
I've got the SW Motech and it works very well except the side stand will keep it from retracting entirely unless I get off the center stand first.
I can easily get the bike on the center stand even when loaded for camping. That's handy!
It was on the bike when I got it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts