Strom Trooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 base model 650. I do not like that the oil filter is the first thing catching anything that comes up off the front tire. I do not plan on off road riding, so don't want a heavy skid plate.

The XT comes with the plastic under cowling, that is anything but a skid plate. It seems like something guys would take off, to put on a real skid plate, if they plan on anything beyond pavement.

That kit is available from Suzuki for about $200, but i was wondering, anyone here have a takeoff they'd like to sell? Or maybe there is an aftermarket plastic option?

I did find another post about this exact same thing the other day, but I cannot seem to find it now...

Thanks All....

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
There should be a ton of XT owners with this part sitting in a shelf. Hold out for the low bid. I agree, if you are not jumping curbs, it is all you will need

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2017 base model 650. I do not like that the oil filter is the first thing catching anything that comes up off the front tire. I do not plan on off road riding, so don't want a heavy skid plate.

The XT comes with the plastic under cowling, that is anything but a skid plate. It seems like something guys would take off, to put on a real skid plate, if they plan on anything beyond pavement.

That kit is available from Suzuki for about $200, but i was wondering, anyone here have a takeoff they'd like to sell? Or maybe there is an aftermarket plastic option?

I did find another post about this exact same thing the other day, but I cannot seem to find it now...

Thanks All....
Hello man, the last 1,5 year I own the vstrom 1000 18 model which likely was equipped with a simple plastic cover which according to my taste wasn't cover a lot thing under, such as a vital things as the oil filter for example, and the givi matching part wasn't that good and quite expensive as well, so what I did. I purchased the under crowding protector from Sw motech Wich is a bit cheaper but is full allouminium and it cover until the very back side of the bike. I would highly recommend it for this use.

Code of the item is : MSS.05.440.10000 MOTOR PROTECT. Just Google it.

Στάλθηκε από το POCOPHONE F1 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,020 Posts
I don't know if Weld 86 makes for the newer bikes but the light alunimum plate for the older Wee's was not expensive and protects the oil filter well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of guys have sent me pm about this. I’m not sure that my reply has gone through. A member named respect.... yes! I want it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The weld86 looks nice, but not exactly what I’m looking for. Guess I’m still looking for the oem stuff. I did do a little research. There is no difference for a California model. Not sure why there’s 2 different listings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
You could also consider the Hyde racing plastic bash plate. I like mine. My filter is very safe, it is light and fits the bike tight. The mounting hardware is very poor though and I had to figure my own out.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts