StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am in the process of buying the new 650 v-strom. I would like to find heated grips that are standard size. I have had aftermarket grips that are like holding a large sasuage in your hands. I would also like to have the ability to vary the heat output.
I appreciate any insight(s) you might offer.

·
Registered
418 Posts
+1 on the Oxford grips. I have the Sport design too, and I think the Touring one might feel even slimmer because of the smoother contact area.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Has anyone measured or seen published, the outside diameter of the oxford grips? The stock grips are just over 1 inch in diameter. Which for me is too skinny. I've added some foam covers but now they are too fat at 1 7/8 inch. I'd like something closer to 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Grips for sale on line only give the bar size (7/8") and sometimes length in mm (120-125mm) but not the outside diameter of the grip.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Has anyone measured or seen published, the outside diameter of the oxford grips? The stock grips are just over 1 inch in diameter. Which for me is too skinny. I've added some foam covers but now they are too fat at 1 7/8 inch. I'd like something closer to 1 1/2 inch in diameter. Grips for sale on line only give the bar size (7/8") and sometimes length in mm (120-125mm) but not the outside diameter of the grip.
Oxford Heaterz Sport 7/8" Heated Grips: BikeSax.com - LockItt.com

According to these guys, the OD of both the sport and tour grips is 34mm, or around 1 3/8", 1 5/16". The sport Oxfords definitely feel thicker than my stock 2012 grips, but only by a small amount. Their density - harder than either the Oxford Tours or the OEM - might contribute to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts