StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2014 big bike with the OEM sidecases and noticed the other day that I was missing the rubber bumper that sets on top of the flat steel bracket. Towards the front of the case there is an "arm" that accepts the rubber bumper which keeps the case stable. Not sure how or where this fell off, but it's gone.

Anyone have an idea for an replacement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Mine are gone too. I've never had the cases off. Not sure how they fell off. I've been meaning to order a couple from the dealer and use a proper adhesive to keep them in place.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, that's the problem, you have to order the whole side case kit to get the bumpers. None of the parts can be ordered separately.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Ouch..that's the price for just one piece of rubber. I wonder if Shad sells parts and accessories?
At those prices I just walked outside to make sure mine are tight. (they are)
If it were me, I'd go buy a hockey puck and make one.

Reactions: Brojon

·
Registered
600 Posts
Lost mine a long time ago.
I just put some high density auto weather stripping in the case cavity that slips over the mounting bar/plate.
Wiggles around a bit,but that's no biggie.
When I wanted to replace them, I too was told that I had to buy the mounting kit at about $160.
Glad to know I can buy the rubbers only.
$37 is a little steep, but this time I will glue them on.

P.S....if that is $37 each, I will stick with what I got.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can't take a pic, but if you look at the side cases you will notice a three side "open box" structure that fits over and sits on the factory rubber mount,if you haven't lost them.
All you do is stick some weather stripping on the inside surfaces of these "boxes" so that you can mount your side case but not let it slap around.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I too have the same bumpers - but thankfully havent lost one... I intend to drill small through each and insert a tight fitting plastic "wall plug" - the type you hammer into a hole in concrete etc to put a screw into ;)
The plug will go perpendicular to the metal bracket and stop the rubber from being able to slide off ;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was trying to find the place on the Suzuki CA website where you can actually purchase this but am having some difficulty. The website has no "Add to Cart" option. Any thoughts?

Hi guys, you can buy these separately listed on Suzuki Canada site part # 990D0-31JLB $ 37.65

1 - 20 of 28 Posts