StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
directions say it fits dl 650 V-strom and I have a 2011
990D0-27G00-066

directions show mounting holes on side of existing rack that I do not have.
Anybody run into this?
Am i missing something here?
Has the 650 changed racks at any point?

thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
990D0-27G00-066

Anybody run into this?

thanks
You got to have the top rack that you use to mount the top case. Stock rack no worky.
David

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
doing some reading I see that a top case mount is needed.

Was this part of the 199 deal?

thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Should be part of the deal. I know it was in my set up. Top case not included.
David
That's good to know, I just picked up my bags & hardware today & no top rack. I just emaied the dealer so I will see what he has to say. I will be a little pissed after waiting almost 3 months, it better be included.

·
Registered
25 Posts
990D0-27G00-066

Anybody run into this?

thanks
Sounds like this is going to become a popular question as every one starts receiving their bags. So, did the dealer give you the top rack?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I presume the top rack was part of the deal. At this point I have the bags and the top rack but not the side racks. It may depend on how much your dealer knows so God help some of you. PITA.

·
Registered
18 Posts
i just picked up my second wee with the 199.00 bags and 3 cases installed and it only took 2 wks. to deliever? i told a person behind the counter i was going on a long trip, and there they were.

·
Registered
44 Posts
HEY Stealer called an' said BAGS ARE IN! Waitin' since February. My big trip to the Ozarks is in 5 days. I already got a Coocase 'cause I was bettin' my bags weren't going to be here on time. I have an OEM case ordered and it is waiting on me - didnt see a rack with the topcase though... Do the racks use the OEM case as part of the rack? Really wonder what is waiting for me when I get back in town to pick up tomorrow... will keep ya'll informed!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would like to know a list of everything that should be with the hardware to mount the saddle bags. I don't want to make the long trip to pick them up when the dealer gets them and find out everything is not there. Still waiting to get mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Two side racks with one bag of bolts, instructions(broken english) etc
two cases each with instuctions and mounting hardware
top case rack(top case not included) not sure about hardware as I dont have one yet
lots and lots of patience

·
Registered
12 Posts
Here are pictures of what you should get. The first 5 photos show what you get from Suzuki for $199.00. It includes the racks for both sides as well as the rack for the top case. In addition, you get both side bags. You do not get the top case itself, just the mounting bracket as it is part of the side case bracket. The hardest part of the install is putting the little rubber bumpers in their coresponding holes....you will see what I mean when you do it. The rest of the install is simple and straight forward. The top case was about $200.00 and is shown in the last 2 pictures.

There is a lot of misinformation about these cases on the internet. Cheap Chinese junk, bad latches, leaks etc. I have not experienced any issues and believe most of the issues are just internet misinformed people or are caused by operator error. Just my opinion, but they are worth every penny of the $199.00 that Suzuki was selling them for. I am sure that there are better cases, but these are not junk as some would have you believe. Suzuki sure didn't help their reputation by not having them available though. I was lucky and bought my bike in November and had the bags in a week. Hope this helps.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts