StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Easy....no instructions needed
Remove the stock plastic side covers (5 allen screws) Install the mount covers with either the same screws...(or the ones included)
Install the frt lower bumpers on the rear footpeg brackets...
Do you have the locks for the cases....I think they come with the bikes when new.

·
Registered
2017 Wee
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought the cases off another user here, The cases were locked and I picked them open and modified them to work with my key.

Pictured are all the hardware I received. Not sure which ones go where - The 4 M8 bolts possibly go on the footrest - but I may need to get washers and bolts. Not sure about the other bolts.
Rectangle Font Auto part Household hardware Wood

·
Registered
749 Posts
This is a 1000....but basically the same
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Crankset

Your pic shows 8 of the side plate bolts but only 7 spacers
The 2 black bolts could be the center in the side plates
The 4 silver larger 8mm bolts are for the bumper mounts to footpeg brkt

2 long bolts? Your guess

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought the cases off another user here, The cases were locked and I picked them open and modified them to work with my key.

Pictured are all the hardware I received. Not sure which ones go where - The 4 M8 bolts possibly go on the footrest - but I may need to get washers and bolts. Not sure about the other bolts.
View attachment 293080
The short bolts (8) with the spacers only "require" washers for the center bolt - according to the instructions. Remember to dab a little blue lock tight on them. The bottom mount without the bend goes on the muffler side.
George

·
Registered
2017 Wee
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
By center bolt I trust you mean the one in the center of both LH and RH brackets. I couldn’t find those tube spacers in the h/w shop

On the rear-lowermost bolt hole I used longer M6 bolts with a flange for accommodating the givi monokey rack

On the footpegs I barely have any space to put the nuts/washer so just the bolt and loctite

If someone can share the instructions I am curious what they say, so could only find the manual for a DL1000 online and I think the rear foot peg bracket is different than on the DL650

Hood Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies
Bicycle frame Tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle tire Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

·
Registered
749 Posts
It shouldnt matter that the footpeg brkts are different on the 1000. The lower bumpers mount in the same fashion....2 bolts holding each bumper assy.
Check one of the orig allen bolts with built in spacer. If the length of the spacer is the same...& the threads are long enuf....jus use 2 of those in the center instead.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I think the bumper brkts have built in nuts...but not sure. They belong to a friend on his bike.
Your bike looks to have the nuts welded to the footpeg brkts....with the bolts going in from behind.

·
Registered
2017 Wee
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think the bumper brkts have built in nuts...but not sure. They belong to a friend on his bike.
Your bike looks to have the nuts welded to the footpeg brkts....with the bolts going in from behind.
Correct - I had taken off the assembly to check how well could an M8 nut go into the threads available, hardly any so i just abandoned putting the nuts

·
Registered
38 Posts
By center bolt I trust you mean the one in the center of both LH and RH brackets. I couldn’t find those tube spacers in the h/w shop

On the rear-lowermost bolt hole I used longer M6 bolts with a flange for accommodating the givi monokey rack

On the footpegs I barely have any space to put the nuts/washer so just the bolt and loctite

If someone can share the instructions I am curious what they say, so could only find the manual for a DL1000 online and I think the rear foot peg bracket is different than on the DL650

View attachment 293265 View attachment 293265 View attachment 293266 View attachment 293265 View attachment 293266
Yes the center bolt on the RH and LH top brackets.
Font Art Writing Paper Handwriting

George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts