StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering has anyone installed OEM heated grips on 2015 V-Strom 1000, I'm an electrician & thought it wouldn't be to hard, then read you've got to remove fuel tank & airbox, so now I'm having second thought about the install now, how hard is it to remove fuel tank & airbox has anyone done it.

Appreciate any feedback thanks:smile2:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Just wondering has anyone installed OEM heated grips on 2015 V-Strom 1000, I'm an electrician & thought it wouldn't be to hard, then read you've got to remove fuel tank & airbox, so now I'm having second thought about the install now, how hard is it to remove fuel tank & airbox has anyone done it. Oh and they work perfect. I suggest buying the "touring" version as they do not need to be trimmed down.

Appreciate any feedback thanks:smile2:

Might I make a suggestion? Return the OEM heated grips n get your money back. They're one of the biggest ripoff items Suzuki sells. Buy Oxford heated grips. You'll save $200 and the install doesn't get much easier.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Oxford premiums, $90. Best ones on the market. Get the Eastern Beaver heated grip adapter to make it nice and simple. If you decide to keep the oem's, they already have that connector. Removing the tank is not necessary (I didn't), but it does make it easier to get at the connector and route wires. It's on the left side, just above and slightly behind the radiator. Remove the radiator top bolt so you can pivot it forward.

·
Administrator
17,395 Posts
Best to throw them in the trash, go with Oxfords instead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts