StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heated grips are installed so that, on the throttle side, the wire sticks straight up from the front side of the grip, loops over the kill switch, then down to the bar from which point everything is fine. I asked Aurora Suzuki whether they couldn't be repositioned and they said no. I thought if you just rotated the grip 180 degrees so the wire dropped down at the back, instead of up at the front, everything would look much more tidy. But they said there was only one way it went together.

I started thinking - maybe the spool that hooks onto the throttle cables has two holes at around 180 degrees from each other, so why couldn't it just spin around, swap cables in holes, and be all good.

I can't help thinking they're wrong and the wire is supposed to drop off the back. Am I right or are they?

- Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think they're right

I put my oem grips on myself and it looked like the only way they would go due to the cable end positions inside the throttle grip housing. I would be interested if anyone else has a different opinion since it does look a little untidy this way.
Good riding all.
Rick

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The grips are not heated all the way around. They are probably set up for one position to get the heat in the right place.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
A picture of what you mean would help, but I think that's the only way you can install them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts