StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my wee with OEM Heated Grips. I am looking at replacing the OEM Handlebar with a Pro Taper High ATV. I am curious how hard it is to take off the grips and put on the new bar. Can anybody give me insight on this? I would really appreciate any help!

Thanks

·
Registered
195 Posts
My clutch side grip actually loosened up after washing the bike yesterday. The inside of the heated grips have ridges in them. I would think a shot of compressed air might help break the glue bond. The grips themselves are fairly flexible when off the bar, so you should be able to do some twisting to get them off without damaging them. I used a 30 second grip glue to re-attach the grip. It looks like it will hold fine.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Depends on what the previous owner used to install the grips. If they used a a somewhat easy to remove glue or golf grip tape, compressed air may work. Can also try WD40 while used a small thin screwdriver.
If they used some type of permanent adhesive more probing with the screwdriver may still work But you may have to work at it a while if you really want to save the grips.

Good luck

Ken

1 - 3 of 3 Posts