StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PO of my 2015 DL650 clamped something to the handlebars between the risers. This area was wrapped in electrical tape and when I removed it several scratches were revealed. I'd like to touch them up. Is there a paint code for this, or can someone recommend a colour that closely matches?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You might want to call a dealer and see if they have a paint pen in the correct color. That's common with cars. It'll be expensive (+/- $20 for a smidgen of paint) but should be an exact color match. Me, I'd paint the area flat black and not worry about it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 2015 DL650 the muffler heat shield is the same colour as the handlebars. So I removed the heat shield and took it with me to Canadian Tire. As it turns out, DupliColor GM color code 49 “Light Drift Sand Metallic” is a perfect match. At least it is to my eyes, my wife’s eyes and the cashiers eyes - good enough for me! Available in spray and a touch-up pen.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Do what I did after a crash. Remove the bars, scuff the finish and spray with a rattle can of your choice. Then they be like new all over. I went with silver, which I liked better than gloss black. Easy, cheap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts