StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why is just one footpeg for a motorcycle that's been in production for 20 years well over $150?
just venting, went down and very sore and trying to get the bike ridable again...

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
The parts for older models continually increase in price, presumably because continuing to make them available is increasingly expensive for the manufacturer the farther you get from production.

That said, there are aftermarket pegs out there which you could consider.

·
Registered
2011 650 V-Strom with ABS
1,252 Posts
Sorry you got banged up. Glad you are getting around, if sore.

And while I. Torqued is technically correct, I don't think the pegs have changed much (if at all) over the years. Dealers like to charge full retail prices for the genuine factory parts. I wonder what BMW footpegs cost these days?

·
Premium Member
3,106 Posts
Or just get some used ones from someone who swapped to aftermarket. Or visit your local mc junkyard and start scrounging.

Reactions: Gert and imola420

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a pair of OEM footpegs left over from my 2007 DL1000, which you can have for cost of shipping. Posted about it in the free stuff thread.
not sure how the messenger feature on this forum works, seriously can't figure out how to send you a private message DesertBike ... my bad, but if you see this please email me at [email protected] and I will get you the money for those pegs. Very stoked you have a set

·
Registered
2004 DL1000
126 Posts
not sure how the messenger feature on this forum works, seriously can't figure out how to send you a private message DesertBike ... my bad, but if you see this please email me at [email protected] and I will get you the money for those pegs. Very stoked you have a set
Go to his profile and click "start conversation".

·
Farkle Purchasing System
3,838 Posts
Unfortunately, I was unable to locate my set of footpegs. I had them when I took those pics in the "Free Stuff" thread a couple of months ago, and didn't send them to anyone, but they're just gone.

OP, it might help if you showed us the damage. Folks could perhaps suggest less-expensive aftermarket footpeg replacements.

The OEM footpegs aren't great anyway. They were trash for standing on the pegs when on dirt. I replaced mine with Pivot Pegz (not budget-friendly!). There should be less pricey alternatives.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm interested in either one, let me just do some researching to see if they will fit, assuming they will considering the aftermarket pegs fit more than one model of vstrom

1 - 20 of 30 Posts