StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting a top box to go along with my factory OEM rack and side cases which are black. The top box was a closeout with the wrong color insert so my question is; are these inserts removable?/How? and can they be painted with Krylon? Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
colored inserts

The inserts remove via a few small phillips head screws from the inside of the lid. I did an online search for oem colors and found a company that sells the paint and clear coat. I bought all three covers in the wrong color for a very good deal on ebay, then sprayed them with adhesion promoter (available through any auto paint supply), then three coats of paint and four coats of clear. All these cans were aerosol so no special spray equipment was needed. After allowing them to dry for a week I then color sanded them and buffed them out to a perfect match and they look awesome. I was originally going to paint them with regular automotive paint but was told the formula was a three stage system. With reducers, hardeners and all the supplied it was cost prohibitive, but the aerosol system worked so well I would never hesitate to use it again. I hope this helps and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts