StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently installed the OEM center stand.

It is really hard to get the centerstand to engage, sometimes it will go halfway up when I use my full body weight on the lever.

Anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
630 Posts

It is really hard to get the centerstand to engage, sometimes it will go halfway up when I use my full body weight on the lever.

Either your technique is really bad or something is wrong with your install. This bike is the easiest bike I've ever had to put up on the center stand to a fault. I feel it is much harder to rock it OFF the stand. All my Honda's were the opposite, especially the ST1300.

Did you grease the pivot points per the instructions?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Have to agree with 2thDr, easy on harder off.

Have lowered GotaV2's bike 1" and its still easy to get on but harder to get off which is a surprise :grin2:

Cheers V2man

·
Registered
291 Posts

Its all technique.. Pull up on the rear seat grab handle as you push down on the lever. Pops right up that way for me.

·
Registered
441 Posts
It can be harder if your bike is lowered. I have a SW Motech stand and my bike is lowered so I need to roll the back wheel up on a small 1x4 and then deploy the stand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bike is not lowered. I used graphite grease on the pivot points.

Is it possible someone could post close up photos of either side to see if it is on right.

Should I remove the graphite grease and apply red automotive grease?

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
The grease isn't likely the problem. I assume it moves freely or there is a problem with the stand. Post close-up photos of it installed please.

When you try to use it do you push it down a until it contacts the ground and then level it side to side first so both sides have equal contact before pushing further on the pedal to actually raise it?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Depends on what you were used to before, I agree that the OEM V2 centerstand needs more effort than my old WEE with SW Motech centerstand. The Wee goes up much easer than the V2. Not sure if it makes a difference but my WEE is lowered in the front by about 12mm (forks dropped).

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
The SW-Motech on the Vee2 is about the same as my old Wee2 with SW-Motech stand. Both are easy.

·
Premium Member
4,218 Posts
I would guess you do not have the bike resting on both sides of the legs when you stand on it. If it is resting on one leg it is much harder.

There were some reports about center stands with legs that were not same length as well, maybe check for that.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Not sure if it's the same but on my Wee, there is a bit of a technique involved to make it easiest. It should be more PUSH down on the foot piece of the center stand than PULL up on the bike. Look at some youtube videos regarding getting bikes on center stand.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Easiest bike ever (50 years of riding) to get up on center stand and I'm old and getting weaker by the day. No technique or strength required or something is wrong-a light pull and it's up!

·
Registered
2 Posts
To get it up:
1) make sure you have 2-3 feet of clearance in front of and behind the motorcycle.
2) side stand DOWN.
3) handlebar straight.
4) From the clutch(left) side of the bike, place one foot on the centerstand lever, both hands on the handlebar (one on each grip)
5) Gently push the lever down, while leveling the bike - you want both legs of the centerstand to touch the pavement.
6) Put ALL of your weight on the one foot that's on the lever.
7) Remove your right hand from the handlebar, and use it pull up on the passenger handle on the clutch side.
8) Lift until the bike is on the center stand. It has brand new springs, it will be tough the first few times you do this. This will require some grunting the first few times until those springs are broken in.

To lower:
1) make sure you have 2-3 feet of clearance in front of the motorcycle. (Should be the case, if you followed #1 earlier).
2) side stand DOWN*.
3) handlebar straight.
4) With one hand on the left grip, and your feet CLEAR of the side stand, with your right hand on the rear handle, gently rock-push the bike forward until it comes down. HOLD ON, you don't want the bike to get away from you. Remember - a full tank of gas is going to weigh about 35 lbs at the high point of the machine - liquids will jolt 2 or 3 additional times after the bike is down - hold on to it on the bike when it's down until your sure it's stable. With the side stand down, you can have the bike fall towards the side stand. If it falls the other way, you'll have to look up 'lifting a DL650'.
5) With the bike down from the centerstand, rest it on the side stand.
6) breathe.

* Once you get the hang of this, you can do this with the side stand up. I keep mine down, because I'm going to hop on as soon as it's down.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Not sure if it's the same but on my Wee, there is a bit of a technique involved to make it easiest. It should be more PUSH down on the foot piece of the center stand than PULL up on the bike. Look at some youtube videos regarding getting bikes on center stand.
This. It's more of a separation of space between the footrest of the centerstand and the left grab rail than it is putting weight on the footrest of the centerstand.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
I agree with midwinter. I use my left hand on the left grip, right hand on the luggage grab. Right foot on the pedal, push the stand down and set the bike so it's on both feet of the stand. Now...Stand up straight on the centerstand foot pedal, then give a quick strong lift with your right arm. The bike will go up on the stand.

To get if off, lower the side stand. Left hand on the grip, right hand on the luggage grab, pull the bike back against the centerstand the push if forward just a bit. It'll come off the centerstand.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well since posting this, it has not been much of an issue. When wearing boots it is OK, but thinner sole shoes it is hard.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts