StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Went on a 600 mile trip and didn't want any issues to crop up while i was away. I will keep these for a spare set.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You were worried those wouldn't make a 600 mile trip? :confused:

·
Registered
15,544 Posts
Your tires still look new, don't you have any curves in your area? The way you ride they'da goon another 2K miles.
I wear my tires like Darkshadow but on the sides, I usually have a bit of center tread left and the sides are gone. The road bends, therefore I accelerate!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hahaha. I mostly commute on the vstrom. Yeah yeah, what a waste. I'm about 160 and most of my miles are just cruising the slab. I need to start taking the long way home.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
19 Posts
You just consumed only half of the tire. If you store them as spare make sure to check the expiration date. You wouldn't like to run with tires that have expired right?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Those tyres look pretty good to me, I wouldn't have changed them at that point but since they are critical, personal choice is varied on swap point.

I ve never taken tyres as low as the second poster pic though:jawdrop:

Something I noticed with my OEM trailwings, is they always seem very hot if I put my hand on them after a run, pressures correct and I'm not riding hard.?

Anyone else notice this? I'm used to sports bikes, n none of my sport bike tyres felt this hot even after a bit of a blast...

I'm new to the wee so may just be the norm.....??

·
Registered
15,544 Posts
"You wouldn't like to run with tires that have expired right?"

That's funny. I know Brit bike owners that are running 30 year old tires and Horseless Carriage folks that have 40 year old tires. Dang, I only drive 50 miles a years, why change tires?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I only got about 15,000km on the stock tires but I got 33,000km on the Heidenaus I replaced them with! :thumbup:

·
Registered
99 Posts
No way. you must be a light guy and ride real easy. Mine didn't look that good after 6000!

Bob
I am and I do!
Mine are similar as well at 11,000 miles. I'll replace them this spring only for the flat spotting on the rear.
I'll replace the front at that time just 'cuz I'm going to try the Pilot Road 4 Trails.
If I were staying with the Bridgestones, I would just change the rear to see if the front would go to 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I am and I do!
Mine are similar as well at 11,000 miles. I'll replace them this spring only for the flat spotting on the rear.
I'll replace the front at that time just 'cuz I'm going to try the Pilot Road 4 Trails.
If I were staying with the Bridgestones, I would just change the rear to see if the front would go to 20,000 miles.
Mine also resemble these at 10k miles. The dilemma comes with a planned mid season tour out west - change before or shoot for 15k miles (a season for us)? And replace both or just rear? Wait and see how they wear I guess.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
721 Posts
My tires looked like this at 11,000 miles last September during a trip to Florida and back, yours appear to have much more tread. I booked replacement tires in advance and had the work done while in Sarasota (a great deal compared to Canadian prices) and had Anakee 3's installed at 12,000 miles. Still some tread on rear and the front looked much better but I elected to replace both.

image by Mr. Nuke, on Flickr

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
You were worried those wouldn't make a 600 mile trip? :confused:
fwiw, about 5 years ago, one of my employees was taking a week vacation to go on a 2500 mile bike trip with his dad, he has an 1150GSA, I noticed that his tires (D607s) were quite worn and already had 15k or so on them, and that he should replace them before his trip, I had tires in similar condition to the OP's with only 7000 miles on them

wen he got back from his trip a week later, my tires were tostr with only another 500 miles on them and his didn't look any more worn than they did 2500 miles earlier

my next set of tires was a set of 607s, and I got even less miles (6000 on the rear) than I did the Trailwings :confused: I've been riding with him, we weigh the same, ride with same aggression, only difference is he has a GS 1150 (heavier more powerful bike)and I have a V-strom 1000, yet he gets more than double the mileage from a tire than I do

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts