StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess what i did?
Sold my VStrom.
I wanted a bigger touring bike, and got one ( a 99 Councours, real cheap). I had intended to keep the DL, but then a deal on an 05 250 Sherpa came up that I couldn't pass on. So, logic, however poor, said that the Concours would be better on long/two up trips ( we'll see), and the Sherpa will be better off road (no doubt there), which means the DL would spend a lot of time sitting. Doesn't make sense to pay insurance on something I don't use.
Besides my local dealer and best buddy has been looking for one for his own personal bike, so it's going to a good home. I do feel a little guilty because the bike always did everything i asked of it, and then some. No matter how stupid the request ( like a big yellow Lab, I always said).
We embarrassed sport bikes, went further off- road then my limited skills should have allowed, got me into and out of trouble with out too many scratches, and survived an absolutely horrendous collision 3 years ago.
I think I got my money's worth.
I'll miss it though.

·
Premium Member
2007 DL650ABS
306 Posts
I hope this doesn't mean you will feel you can't still come up for the spring or fall rides.
Maybe you should drag your buddy up who took your Strom and introduce him, and it will give you a chance to show off the new wheels.
Congrats on the purchase and hope we still see you around.

Cheers

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My weekends are going to be a lot more full this year. We are expecting to have a good year in the Motorcycle Training business, plus I'm travelling to other locations more than I used to.
I have the April 1st meet-up marked on the calendar, but I'm unsure after that how much time I will have. Weekdays will be pretty open for riding though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts