StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, was going to wait for the bike to be done, but figured why wait:

When I picked up my '12, I notice one of the rubber square blocks that are under the seat was about to fall off. Service guy pushed it back on and I rode away to home. Next day I was checking out the bike in the daylight, and notice that there was an empty hole where a round rubber pad should be on the front end of the seat - it would rest on the gas tank. Road back to dealer and they said they would have it for me by today when I drop it off for the 600 service.

Ok - they had a round rubber pad, but it was smaller, like the ones on the rear end of the seat. The service manager stated to me that I was wrong - seat only has three round rubber pads on it, not four. WTF?

He then goes on to say it was $2.99 for it - but they'll eat the cost of it.

I almost wanted to take the bike out and not return to this dealer.

Anyone else missing one?

·
Registered
86 Posts
i had the thing happen to me ..got my new bike home and was showing a mate around it and took the seat off to find the front L/H rubber block was missing [ L/H sitting on the bike ] i rang the dealer up straight away and they ordered me a new one under warranty....however when fitting it on to the seat it still looked loose and i noticed the other blocks were glued in place , so got the resin glue out and let it set overnight ...had no problems since ..

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok, was going to wait for the bike to be done, but figured why wait:

When I picked up my '12, I notice one of the rubber square blocks that are under the seat was about to fall off. Service guy pushed it back on and I rode away to home. Next day I was checking out the bike in the daylight, and notice that there was an empty hole where a round rubber pad should be on the front end of the seat - it would rest on the gas tank. Road back to dealer and they said they would have it for me by today when I drop it off for the 600 service.

Ok - they had a round rubber pad, but it was smaller, like the ones on the rear end of the seat. The service manager stated to me that I was wrong - seat only has three round rubber pads on it, not four. WTF?

He then goes on to say it was $2.99 for it - but they'll eat the cost of it.

I almost wanted to take the bike out and not return to this dealer.

Anyone else missing one?
I checked mine and the stock seat has 2 round rubber bungs at front, two round ones at the back (same size as the front) and 4 rectangular ones in the middle.
Ken

·
Registered
281 Posts
3m double sided tape will keep it in place.

Hope this helps.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
All the rubber cushions in the parts fiche are listed as being supplied in even numbers for the 2012. The earlier year seats have only one front cushion.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All the rubber cushions in the parts fiche are listed as being supplied in even numbers for the 2012. The earlier year seats have only one front cushion.
But do they have two holes in the front side of the seat? Mine has four evenly spaced holes for the round ones - one at each corner of the seat. But only had three on it.

And this guy got a little annoyed that I want four on it....

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The 2012 seats have two holes and 2 cushions in front. Earlier models have one of each.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Here is the 2012 seat, the two bungs at the top are against the tank

Ken
[/IMG]

I also had a PM asking about shaving these bungs to lower the seat...probably could take a half an inch off these, but not sure how the seat would fit afterwards, probably just best to go for aftermarket although I like this seat....took a nice 300km ride today up to Georgian Bay and back.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After after picking the bike up today from the dealer in Long Beach, they charged me the $2.99 for that little piece of rubber after all on the invoice for the 600 miles service.

Not going to talk to them again about it though - and nicely worded letter to the GM of the dealership and a copy to Suzuki HQ in Brea, CA (I work two miles down the street from them) about it.

What business is going to lose a customer over $2.99? Sure I may still buy another Suzuki in the future - but I now will not walk thru the doors of that dealer again.

All over $2.99

1 - 11 of 11 Posts