StromTrooper banner

Odd feeling front brake...

Tags
brakes wee
2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  RichDesmond 
#1 ·
A couple of times of the few thousand I've pulled the front brake in the last couple of weeks on my new ABS Wee, the brake handle hasn't moved -- it feels like it's binding somehow, that it's wedged. Releasing and pulling it again it works like it usually does.

I wonder if I'm pulling it somehow sideways (pulling up, say, rather than straight toward the throttle.) But if this is the sign of something really wrong, I'd like to get it looked at before I really need that brake to work the very first time.

Meanwhile I've been consciously squeezing the brake handle straight in, and it's been fine (like it almost always is.)

Love the forum, thanks everybody.

#2 ·
Head straight to the dealership. If your bike is new, it's also under warranty.

It's your brake system (some component thereof)- don't wait. Can't live without them.

#4 ·
I agree

Having ridden old bikes for lots of miles I've had to deal with brake problems. Although it could just be binding in the lever, more than likely something is happening in the fluid system. It takes only a tiny bit of debris to block passages in the master cylinder. I had a bike where the pressure would not release and a binding lever was the first thing I noticed. It would also operate normally, but once everything warmed up the brakes would try to lock...no fun at all.

The dealer should do an inspection and, in my opinion, a thorough fluid flush at minimum.

#5 ·
Front brake lever is adjustable. Is the adjuster firmly seated in a detent? Maybe it is causing the binding.
If the above isn't the issue you might also want to check if anything else is possibly interfering with the motion of the brake lever.. for example throttle lock, etc. or maybe a moving piece of cable, zip lock, etc.

..Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.