StromTrooper banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from a dead stop, Just started the last week or so, I have also been tightening the chain almost weekly, used to be every three weeks Is this the warning sound that my chain needs to be replaced, only have 25K miles.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
25,000 miles is typical longevity for a chain and frequent adjustment need is a signal the chain is at the end of its life. Replace the chain and sprockets and see what happens to the noise.

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was afraid of, good thing I bought a chain last year while on sale, think I need to go to SVRacing now. Thanks greywolf and mkporwit.

· Registered
3,777 Posts
If it's one "clunk", it's probably not chain replacement time.

If it's a series of "clunks" that go away when you are moving at 15+ mph or so, it may well be your chain.

25k is pretty good mileage for a chain, IMO. I don't do that well.

· Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If it's one "clunk", it's probably not chain replacement time.

If it's a series of "clunks" that go away when you are moving at 15+ mph or so, it may well be your chain.

25k is pretty good mileage for a chain, IMO. I don't do that well.
It's a single KLUNK and then all is fine. Even when I'm at a slow roll and accelerate no noise. Just from a dead stop. Already ordered
parts from Blair. It will be a week I think until I exchange chain and sprockets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.